News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stolen Collection

Started by stoneage, October 22, 2012, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

???  I was looking at some pictures of dinosaurs and found this.  It's a picture of my Painted Invicta collection that I took myself.  However, it's being attributed to a Fred Snyder.  How could this be?  http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/invicta2.html

Seijun

Have you asked the owner of the website about it? Could just be an honest mistake.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoToyForum

That's Randy Knol's site, you should drop him a message to let him know. His forum username is "DC".

stoneage

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on October 22, 2012, 08:09:11 PM
I sent him a PM.

Watermark your photos, people!

I know, I should do it too.

stoneage

Quote from: SBell on October 23, 2012, 02:15:53 AM
Quote from: stoneage on October 22, 2012, 08:09:11 PM
I sent him a PM.

Watermark your photos, people!

I know, I should do it too.

Look, I hate watermarks, to me they just ruin a pictue.  I don't mind that Randy used my picture, I just think it should be accredited to the person that has the collection and took the picture.  If Fred Snyder has the Brachiosaurus on the left as you look at the picture, then let him take a picture of it with his face in it.  The figure is rather rare, I've only seen one other one.  I'll be more then happy to supply any pictures needed to prove this is my set.

stoneage

Here is the original picture I posted back in February of 2010.  If you look at my pictures from this period you will notice that most of them have the same Black Backdrop.  http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=2366&page=9

Gryphoceratops

It may obscure the pic slightly but watermarks are def worth it.  I know artists (some of which are on here) who have had their work stolen because they didn't watermark it. 

Even if you do a small one in the corner of the picture is better than nothing.  That way you can still mark it as yours but it won't get in the way. 

stoneage

brontodocus

Good news! :) I've been reading this but was too hesitant to comment. I've been assuming it happened accidentally, too, but I would still have been displeased if I had been miscredited.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.