News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosauria animated series

Started by Thialfi, August 11, 2021, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

Apologies for just bursting out of the blue after a break, but I don't think anyone has posted this yet.
He who dwells in pond

Fembrogon

Oooh, exciting! what a nice surprise after Prehistoric Planet's completion.

Dynomikegojira

Sad it's the last episode it looks amazing

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm looking forward to seeing another of these, a pity its a last, though I do wish that Tyrannosaurus wasn't always depicted only in the whole KPg extintinction event all the time, and could just be there.  I assume that Prehistoric Planet will finally have that and looking forward to seeing that too, not just because avoiding spoilers is getting really hard.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

paintingdinos

An excellent end to the series. Knowing exactly how its going to end but still having such a big impact is the mark of a great storyteller. Amazing work all around but I do think this one is my favorite.

Duna

What a wonderful ending ... the music, the story, the details (as the red river) ... my favourite of the series.

HD-man

I made this comment on Dead Sound's patreon when I 1st watched "The Last Tyrant":
QuoteGood finale! I especially like the new animations of characters from previous episodes. Knowing that said characters continued living their lives after said episodes (+ the museum scenes) helps the ending feel more uplifting. Also, you could've easily reused old animations, but chose to go the extra mile & give us something extra special. I respect that :)
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Carnoking

Just rewatched the entire series and all I can say is, wow... what an achievement. It was all so beautifully done! Dead Sound should be proud.

Gwangi

When I saw that it would be about the extinction I was a bit bummed, because the extinction of the non-avian dinosaurs is one of the things about dinosaurs that interests me the least, and I'm sick of seeing it in media. I was so happy that Prehistoric Planet didn't address it.

That having been said, this handled the extinction event in a touching and moving way that I've never seen before. It was absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful. And I loved how it tied the modern world with the world that ended 65 million years ago, with shots of birds, fossils, GWANGI, etc. That connection took this short film to a whole other level.

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

KeU

Can't help noticing the sketchbook has Volume #1 for this series.
Perhaps David is leaving the door open for a potential follow-up?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.