News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Passion Project

Started by Theriz, June 18, 2022, 03:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theriz

Ok I have no idea where to put this, so for now it's going here. I am going to discuss my passion project, known as Evolution's Finest. This basically a concept for a massive video game. You know how Roblox is really just a port for millions of mini-games? I'm going to try and design Evolution's Finest to be that way too. Every area in game is going to be on the main screen.

So what is Evolution's Finest? Evolution's Finest is a game that takes on the journey of life on our planet. From the Cambrian to the Holocene, and everything in between. Each time period is sectioned into levels. Let's use the Holocene as an example. Area one is the Outback and the roster is animals that live there. Red Kangaroo, Koala, Dingo, etc. You then play quests to unlock the next character. In the Outback you start out as the Bearded Dragon, you then progress to the next animal, the Blue-Tongued Skink in this case. The quest system is like a hybrid of Path of Titan's and The Isle's Progression mode. You work your from the weakest to the strongest.
This thread is going to showcase the progression of the project. I am currently working on the formations for the Early Cretaceous.

Theriz

Here are all the time periods/formations so far

Holocene: Amazon Rainforest, The Outback, Yellowstone, The Serengeti, The Great Barrier Reef, The Everglades, Sahara, Indian Wetlands, Himalayas, The Congo, Sunda Islands, Papua New Guinea, Hudson Bay, Open Pacific, Mariana Trench, English Suburbs, Andes Mountains, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, Antarctica, Madagascar

Pleistocene: Pleistocene Australia, Pleistocene South America, Pleistocene North America, Pleistocene Europe, Pleistocene Africa

Pliocene: Pliocene Africa, Pliocene Asia, Pliocene South America, Pliocene North America Pliocene Europe,

Miocene: Miocene South America, Miocene Oceans, Miocene North America, Miocene Asia, Miocene Africa

Oligocene: Oligocene Asia, Oligocene North America, Oligocene Europe, Oligocene South America, Oligocene Africa

Eocene: Eocene Asia, Eocene Oceans, Eocene Africa, Eocene South America, Eocene North America

Paleocene: Paleocene Europe, Paleocene Africa, Paleocene South America, Paleocene Asia, Paleocene North America

Late Cretaceous: Ojo Alamo, Hell Creek, Hateg Basin, Bearpaw, Two Medicine, Judith River, Dinosaur Park, Horseshoe Canyon, Western Interior Seaway, Maevarano, Lamenta, Barun Goyot, Nemegt, Djadokhta, Santa Marta Formation, Lance Formation, Iren Dabasu, Kaiparowits, Udurchukan Formation, Moreno Formation, Allen Formation, Wangshi Group, Cerro del Pueblo, Prince Creek, Anacleto Formation, Ouled Abdoun Basin, Navesink Formation, Aguja Formation,  Demopolis Chalk

Early Cretaceous: Kem Kem Beds, Elrhaz Formation, Huincul Formation, Cloverly Formation, Yixian Formation, Wessex Formation, Eumeralla Formation, Romuldo Formation, Candeleros Formation, Kitadani Formation, Sao Khua Formation, Jiufotang Formation, Lianmuqin Formation, La Huerguina Formation, Cedar Mountain Formation, Moreno Hill Formation, La Amarga Formation*,

GojiraGuy1954

The Early Cretaceous ended 100 million years ago
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Theriz

Lumping the middle cretaceous in there as well. It's more like Upper and Lower.

EmperorDinobot

Sounds ambitious. You are going to need investors, though. Lots of them. And expect there to be tons of work without pay for long days/weeks/months. Sounds pretty cool though. I would love to be one of the first to try a completed version!

Theriz

At the moment this is more of a concept. I would love to make it a game someday. Even though I don't know if it's possible.

EmperorDinobot

Anything is possible with hard work and the right business gonnections.

Theriz

Quick preview for the Kaiparowits Formation
Utahceratops
Kosmoceratops
Nasutoceratops
Gryposaurus
Deinosuchus riograndensis
Teratophoneus
Akinacephalus
Talos

EmperorDinobot

Every thought about simplifying it and making a pay-2-play mobile game out of it? That might be a better format.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.