News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Transformers: The Thread

Started by Loon, January 11, 2019, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digibasherx

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 13, 2019, 10:58:30 AM
Quote from: Loon on February 13, 2019, 01:54:33 AM
I wonder if Hasbro Jetfire is going to have a Decepticon symbol in his normal robot mode, since they're basically releasing the same figures now. Guess, I'll have to wait til Hasbro's display at ToyFair for confirmation.

Yeah, wasn't there a recent announcement that Hasbro and Takara would have a unified release from "Power of the Primes" onward?

Seeing how it's on a separate piece, it'll probably spin/rotate between Decepticon and Autobot as a call back to his first appearance.

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 13, 2019, 10:58:30 AM
Yeah, wasn't there a recent announcement that Hasbro and Takara would have a unified release from "Power of the Primes" onward?
Yeah, Power of the Primes, Siege, and Studio Series are all joint projects, having identical releases. It seems that this'll be the norm going forward, which I like, since we get better paint on the figures.

Looking more closely, the trapezoidish shape surrounding the Decepticon insignia definitely seems to be separate from the rest of the chest. The armor's autobot symbol also seems to be on a rotating platform. I mean, we'll probably find out in 3 days. I just pray it's not a sticker.

Loon

Some new renders of what I'm guessing will be shown Saturday, or tomorrow night?

War for Cybertron: Siege: New look at the Cybertron-inspired Optimus, Red Alert, Thundercracker, and Springer:

Studio Series: Hightower, A helicopter Drift, a more accurate Nitro Zues, and this Optimus with his trailer/battle station/wing pack from the 3rd movie:

Also, in bigger news, we might be getting a leader class Astrotrain in Siege: https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/15/rumor-siege-leader-class-astrotrain-incoming-382824

Loon

New Ghostbusters Transformers Crossover "Ectotron"

Strangely, it's a "retool" (whatever that means anymore) of Combiner Wars Hot Spot.

MLMjp

I been avoiding any Optimus prime figures from studio series, but that figure with the jet-pack...Let´s just say that it has my attention. ::)

Loon

Quote from: MLMjp on February 15, 2019, 04:43:23 PM
I been avoiding any Optimus prime figures from studio series, but that figure with the jet-pack...Let´s just say that it has my attention. ::)
It might be the one I end up getting, it seems like it's basically the same as the most recent Voyager, but with those disgusting abs he had in the third movie. Which, I guess Leader Jetfire comes with some random replacement abs for the prime figure, and I guess this figure's meant to wear them?

MLMjp

Quote from: Loon on February 15, 2019, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 15, 2019, 04:43:23 PM
It might be the one I end up getting, it seems like it's basically the same as the most recent Voyager, but with those disgusting abs he had in the third movie. Which, I guess Leader Jetfire comes with some random replacement abs for the prime figure, and I guess this figure's meant to wear them?
Most likely, I was planning to get leader Jetfire from the beginning so no problem for me. :P

Random though: Why the heck hasn't been already a Soundwave in the Studio series line? I never got a Soundwave back then and I would like to have one. A possible studio series Soundwave has been leaked, but it would be based on the depiction of the Bumblebee movie. How long until we get one based either on Rotf or Dotm? Should I wait or go straight to eBay for and old one?

suspsy

Springer looks good, but I'm perfectly happy with my Thrilling 30 version.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

MLMjp

Expect that Ghostbusters transformer to have a BIG backpack. Not interested on it.

EDIT: I missed the part about a new Astrotrain, if it true, then it can be a posible replacement for the titans return one that I never got.

Loon

Quote from: MLMjp on February 15, 2019, 05:20:28 PM
Expect that Ghostbusters transformer to have a BIG backpack. Not interested on it.
I mean, atleast it would be topical.

Also, a early peak at the display:

Omega's an absolute unit, and is that another large lad hiding behind the rocket base? Studio Series Devastator, mayhaps?

ITdactyl

avatar_Loon @Loon, on a scale of Slugfest to Trypticon, how happy are you that Jetfire's faction logo is on a rotating panel?

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 17, 2019, 04:28:54 AM
avatar_Loon @Loon, on a scale of Slugfest to Trypticon, how happy are you that Jetfire's faction logo is on a rotating panel?
I'd say at least an Energon Ironhide out of 10.

Update: Leader class Astrotrain is confirmed by store listings.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: MLMjp on February 15, 2019, 05:20:28 PM

EDIT: I missed the part about a new Astrotrain, if it true, then it can be a posible replacement for the titans return one that I never got.
So do the Ghostbusters, so...

I want them to do a DeLorean Transformer though.  As cool as the Ecto-1 is, the DeLorean from Back to the Future is my favorite movie car.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

amargasaurus cazaui

adams family car....A team van and of course the sixties series batmobile.....the torino from starsky and hutch and knight rider.....lets make an entire series
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

I'd love a Leader class Grimlock for the Siege line, but given how prominent the character is in Cyberverse, that's probably not going to happen.  :(

I also want more Micromasters and Battle Masters. They rock!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

ITdactyl

Quote from: suspsy on February 17, 2019, 09:03:22 PM
I'd love a Leader class Grimlock for the Siege line...

I'm also curious if the dinobots will be part of Siege, or the next 2 parts of the trilogy.

...and wondering if Volcanicus raked in enough cash to make HasTak consider making bigger dinobot toys (since the main complaint about the Volcanicus components was how SMOL(tm)* they are)

*of course I meant teeny tiny small Snarl, Sludge and Slag

Loon

I can maybe see a Grimlock, but u can't see it happening until the next line. I'd much rather have new versions of the 86 movie cast, but Cybertronian. Arcee would be great, I need more pink transformers. Also, I'm surprised there's no Bumblebee yet, but I guess that may be due to there being tons of him thanks to the new movie.

EmperorDinobot

I'm going to sell most of my transformers. 90% of them. I need the $ and the space.

EmperorDinobot

I love the Studio Series figures. I'd love to own more, but that being said, I'm looking to sell 90% of my transformers collection by the end of the year. It's sad, but I need the space and the cash.

Giganotosaurus

Anybody here collect the ThreeZero Bayformers figures? I might soon.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: