News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich Spinosaurus

Started by alexturner125, November 23, 2022, 11:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexturner125

Hello, I was wondering what the scale of the Schleich Spinosaurus is? Does schleich use a standard scale for their theropods? Also I know that Schleich is fairly controversial whe it comes to accuracy, but what are your thoughts on this particular model? Aside from not having the paddle tail, it seems fairly accurate to my eyes. You're thoughts and insights are appreciated.

andrewsaurus rex

Scale depends on what size  specimen you want to represent.  Most of the skeletons found are of animals in the mid 30 foot range, so that would make the Schleich model about 1/35.  The official maximum length for Spinosaurus has been coming down over the years and currently stands at about 45 feet....but that is based on very scant material.

It's decent accuracy wise, save for the tail shape.  The sail shape is speculative, like it is for all Spinosaurus figures.  There are certainly better figures out there, like the new Collecta swimming Spinosaurus, which is about the same size, but the Schleich model is decent.

SidB

One annoying feature that I found on the Schleich were the silly, over-blunted teeth. They were an easy fix, though, with an exacto knife and file, then a repaint. At the time of it's release, the new tail shape hadn't yet been discovered, so the figure was quite current for the time. Still a nice piece.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.