News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Surviving Earth,

Started by Dynomikegojira, June 28, 2022, 07:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynomikegojira

Hot on the heels of Prehistoric Planet NBC has ordered a new documentary series about the K-Pg Extinction event that is apparently from the creators of WWD and Primeval with state of the arts effects called Surviving Earth. Not gonna lie this is not something I expected NBC to do but it's great the we has yet another promising paleodoc coming out while we wait to see if Prehistoric Planet is renewed.
https://www.thewrap.com/nbc-prehistoric-series-surviving-earth/

Carnoking

Looks like the success of Prehistoric Planet has not gone unnoticed...
It will be very interesting to see how this project develops and whether or not it will end up holding a candle to PP in regards to visuals and/or devotion to accurate depictions of dinosaurs.

CarnotaurusKing

Nice to see Tim Haines back doing more paleo-stuff.  Especially excited that we might get to see some of the Palaeozoic (if it is about mass extinctions as a whole, and not just the K-Pg extinction)! We're really being spoiled for choice, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Samrukia

MLMjp

Two new documentaries announced already...good job Prehistoric Planet.

Bread

I am excited to see another documentary series. I love Prehistoric Planet, so I am curious to see which comes out on top in terms of overall quality.

My biggest thing about this is the idea of it being another WWD. I like different content, different pacing, different species, etc. No need for another same focus of popular species since we have Prehistoric Planet.

Dynomikegojira

Yeah I'm actually thrilled that this seems like a superior Animal Armageddon. Permian Extinction is definitely the one I would be most excited for.

Duna

That's incredible news  ^-^ Another top prehistoric documentary! I would love if it was paced like WWD. Very happy to hear about Tim Haines again!

Joliezac

So exciting! Prehistoric Planet was a real treat this year, can't wait to see more documentaries  :))

Dynomikegojira

Can't believe I missed this but scrolling threw FB and Twitter (courtesy of Paleonocryptozoologist Briton) Surviving Earth from Tim Haines has finally begun principal photography so it's happening which one of the confirmed segment being about The Great Dying. So glad it's finally moving forward.

https://twitter.com/AttemptingLogic/status/1626208144157478914?t=jFfjwYyhkB1aRYPVimCFyQ&s=19

https://www.loudminds.tv/news/2023/2/13/universal-television-alternative-studio-and-loud-minds-start-principal-photography-on-nbcs-epic-unscripted-series-surviving-earth

Halichoeres

The Great Dying, huh? Well, now they've got my attention!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.