News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Utah Museum of Natural History

Started by Pangolinmoth, December 16, 2012, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangolinmoth

The UMNH just moved into a brand new building and it is awesome. Went there yesterday and took some pics to share with everybody.

mmfrankford

I'm definitely putting this on my list of places to see.

Jetoar

I think the same. This museum is amazing  8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Pangolinmoth

ihatefeathers144

Is that big crocodile skeleton what I think it is?

Pangolinmoth

Does it start with a D? Then yes. Yes it is.

ihatefeathers144

Oh boy! This place is going on my bucket list!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love the Allosaurus exhibits..very cool ! ;D

ZoPteryx

Fabulous place, I'll definitely have to go there!

Sharptooth

Wow, they really did their work  :o
Love the skeletons' poses, very dinamic! Have you other pics?

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

postsaurischian

:o Absolutely amazing! I'd love to go there.

Wow ... the Ceratopsian skull wall is just ... Wow 8)!

Yutyrannus

Great. They make even more awesome RIGHT WHEN I MOVE!!!!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gryphoceratops

Awesome!  I like the ceratopsid head family tree and the properly posed chasmosaur skeleton! 

Is that supposed to be anchiornis in the first photo eating the ceratopsid (utahceratops?)?  I dont think think there were any big-frilled ceratopsids in the middle jurassic.  I'm assuming maybe its supposed to be a later troodontid and they used the exact same color/feather idea that anchiornis had.(?)

Pangolinmoth

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on December 22, 2012, 04:47:34 PM
Awesome!  I like the ceratopsid head family tree and the properly posed chasmosaur skeleton! 

Is that supposed to be anchiornis in the first photo eating the ceratopsid (utahceratops?)?  I dont think think there were any big-frilled ceratopsids in the middle jurassic.  I'm assuming maybe its supposed to be a later troodontid and they used the exact same color/feather idea that anchiornis had.(?)

Utahceratops, and they labeled it simply Troodon. And the ceratopsian with the proper pose is also a Utahceratops. All of the mounts other than the Ceratopsian wall are Utah finds.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.