News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Netflix SKULL ISLAND

Started by dragon53, January 27, 2021, 06:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

SKULL ISLAND---Netflix anime series underway based on KONG: SKULL ISLAND which focuses on a group of shipwreck survivors on Skull Island where they face King Kong and prehistoric beasts.

indohyus

Do think it sounds like a good series, well up for it.

Giganotosaurus

I hope that there are dinosaurs this time!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Gwangi

Sounds exciting! And with there at least being Triceratops confirmed on the island, we may get dinosaurs. Personally I would prefer a Skull Island series based on Jackson's Kong, but in that case at least there's the book.

dyno77

dont get why it has to be anime ,since that style  does take away some of the mystique unless the style is really unique ,its an odd choice not go live action for this but i do recall king kong cartoons from the 1990s and they were fine for what they were...
Just hope it doesn't go down the route of kong beating a different monster every episode,but i haven't read or even knew about this until this post...

stargatedalek

Quote from: dyno77 on January 31, 2021, 05:45:14 PM
dont get why it has to be anime ,since that style  does take away some of the mystique unless the style is really unique ,its an odd choice not go live action for this but i do recall king kong cartoons from the 1990s and they were fine for what they were...
Just hope it doesn't go down the route of kong beating a different monster every episode,but i haven't read or even knew about this until this post...
Why does it being anime take away mystique and make it less styled but live action is preferable there? While there are camera tricks and prop design, live action is still starting at an inherent lack of visual stylization relative to animation.

This isn't associated with Legendary Pictures Monsterverse, if you're meaning the style would look different.

Rain

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 31, 2021, 07:25:17 PM
Why does it being anime take away mystique and make it less styled but live action is preferable there? While there are camera tricks and prop design, live action is still starting at an inherent lack of visual stylization relative to animation.

This isn't associated with Legendary Pictures Monsterverse, if you're meaning the style would look different.

Either I've missed something or I'm misinterpreting your comment, but this Netflix show, AFAIK, is associated with the Monsterverse and based on leaks...

Spoiler
...will be set up by the ending to Godzilla v Kong
[close]

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Rain on February 02, 2021, 02:54:03 PM

Either I've missed something or I'm misinterpreting your comment, but this Netflix show, AFAIK, is associated with the Monsterverse and based on leaks...

Spoiler
[close]
Are you sure? I've heard it's a prequel to GvK.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on February 22, 2021, 09:40:25 PM

Spoiler
[close]
It's officially set in the Monsterverse

Rain

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on February 22, 2021, 09:40:25 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I'm assuming you're responding to the spoiler tag'd portion.
Spoiler
The person who leaked it got all of the other leaks right thus far but it's entirely possible he's wrong about that part. If you aren't familiar with the leaks yourself, you should stop reading here and refresh the page so that the spoiler tag is collapsed.

Godzilla "dies" at the end of the film, so that corroborates the theory that the show would be set after the movie, with Kong having to defend Skull Island as the new king of monsters.
[close]

dragon53

KONG: SKULL ISLAND---Netflix released an image from the new animated tv series with the caption that  says, "Here's your first glimpse at Skull Island, a new anime series about a group of explorers that find themselves on a collision course with strange beasts, terrifying Titans and the most mysterious island the world has ever known!"

dragon53

Gwangi

I have to admit that I was not very impressed by the trailer for Skull Island and because of that I wasn't sure that I would watch the show, but I did, and it was great. Skull Island FAR exceeded my expectation. For starters, I thought this would be a kid's show but it really isn't. It's rated TV-14 and that seems appropriate. I considered watching it with my daughter but I'm glad that I sampled it first. It's quite mature in theme and occasionally graphic. It is not Camp Cretaceous.

I found the story exciting and interesting and the characters likable and fun. I didn't always care for certain creature designs but that's alright because the quality of the show otherwise made up for it. There are only 8 episodes and the show does have a cliffhanger ending. I hope it gets a second season. If you were like me and put off by the trailer I suggest giving it a second chance.

Dynomikegojira

Yeah I enjoyed Skull Island the characters just felt natural and I have to say I was very impressed with the main villain

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.