You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tylosaurus figure species

Started by TheCambrianCrusader, September 02, 2023, 04:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCambrianCrusader

Does anybody know what species the pnso, safari, and Carnegie Tylosaurus are meant to represent? I've been reading through the Princeton Field guide of Mesozoic Sea Reptiles and to my eye the pnso figure looks pretty close to T. nepaeolicus but I haven't seen any official statements as to what it's based on. The safari website states that their model is T. proriger and that seems to track. I'm just not sure what the Carnegie model is. I imagine proriger but I'm not sure

Leyster

As I said here, I agree with the identification of the PNSO model as T. nepaeolicus
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.