News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Drifter"

Started by Sharptooth, December 29, 2012, 06:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooth

Don't know if it's the right place but hey, it has dinosaurs, so...  ;)

Well, these days (i actually started at the beginning of December) i'm writing a novel called "Drifter" and set in the aftermath of the meteor impact that ended the Mesozoic.
The main characters of this post-apocalyptic paleo-fantasy western (yeah, you read it right) are a young Tyrannosaurus rex called Drifter and Swift, his heron friend, which have to survive in the hellish wasteland that once was the world they knew.

(Here's a lil' presentation, if ya will)

Gone is the light of the sun, except for a dim light that sometimes glimpses out from the grey sea of ash that clouds the skies; gone are also the forests and all the creatures that roamed the lands, for a mountain fell from above and killed the world; that's the end of the age of dinosaurs... Or is it?
3 years after the fall, there are still survivors trying to cope with the dire situation, trying to survive and maybe even trying to hope: that's the case of Drifter, a young tyrannosaurus and his heron friend Swift.
"You must reach Kolgoth's gulf, for there's still some hope left!" said Drifter's father, his last words, and with 'em in their minds and hearts, the two dinosaurs depart from their birthplace in the lower Laramidia, praying the elders that in the far northern lands they'll still find salvation, or maybe even just a glimpse the old world destroyed by the falling mountain.
But, as one can suspect, the road isn't an easy one: acid rain, wildfires, and almost no food available make this journey an almost impossible one, and when Drifter and his friend reach Ap-ton, a town in the deep Appalachia where dryptosaurs, dromaeosaurs and towering pterosaurs with sharp beaks apparently coexist in peace, they'll understand that the disaster of 3 years ago has given birth to something even more terrible than everything they faced so far...

If you're interested, in the next months i could try to post some sketches of the characters, parts of the chapters and so on, to see if you like it, ok? ;)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Aram-Rex

That would be amazing. When you finish it, can I give you my email so you can send it to me? I'd eagerly want to read it :)

Sharptooth

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Gryphoceratops

This could go in the books/media section better than art me thinks. 

Sharptooth

Mmh, yes, i'm with you... But how can i take it there?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.