News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Model buildup in the US.

Started by DefinitelyNOTDilo, September 27, 2023, 11:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Hi all! I'm planning on picking up the kaiyodo artpla rex kit and am trying to decide between building/painting it myself or paying someone else too. Would anyone be able to suggest any good builders located in the US (I'm on the west coast specifically if that helps.) as well as how much they might charge?

Over9K

I am also looking for a US-based painter for a commission...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting a price on someone elses work. I would just say generally all I've dealt with are reasonable. 

Shane Foulkes and Ansley Daniel/ Art By Anz on FB have both done well by me, but both are also VERY busy.  Martin Garratt in the UK is fantastic too and he will ship to the U.S. I personally do custom work and build/paint as I have time, usually on larger pieces.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 28, 2023, 03:37:54 AMI wouldn't feel comfortable putting a price on someone elses work. I would just say generally all I've dealt with are reasonable. 

Shane Foulkes and Ansley Daniel/ Art By Anz on FB have both done well by me, but both are also VERY busy.  Martin Garratt in the UK is fantastic too and he will ship to the U.S. I personally do custom work and build/paint as I have time, usually on larger pieces.
I can't seem to find socials for Martin or Shane, would you be able to link them?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 28, 2023, 04:10:27 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 28, 2023, 03:37:54 AMI wouldn't feel comfortable putting a price on someone elses work. I would just say generally all I've dealt with are reasonable. 

I can't seem to find socials for Martin or Shane, would you be able to link them?

https://www.facebook.com/shane.foulkes

https://www.facebook.com/martin.garratt.18

DefinitelyNOTDilo

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.