You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NHM London: temporary Patagotitan exhibition - now updated with photos

Started by ceratopsian, November 28, 2022, 08:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

NHMUK Titanosaur (Patagotitan) exclusive model!  (international shipping available)

Link: https://www.nhmshop.co.uk/titanosaur-model.html

ceratopsian

Having stoutly said on avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres' thread that I wouldn't buy the NHM Patagotitan, I proved to be made of frail stuff.  I met a friend today to look at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition and made sure I had time first to spend 30 minutes or so in the Patagotitan exhibition.  And of course exited through the shop.  My "defence" - it was reduced in the sale from £22 to £11, and with my membership discount it came down to £8.25.  So one somehow trampolined off the shelf and walked me over to the tills.  At that reduced price I was happy to take one home as an exhibition memento.  I checked carefully for paint chips and it's pretty good.

Crackington

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I went to TetZooCon in London at the begining of December, and I had a long layover in New York, so I had the chance to visit  the Patagotitan displays in both the AMNH and the NHM within a few days of each other! Since I figured this was a rare opportunity to closely compare the two, I decided to write about them on my blog.
You can read more about my thoughts with A Tale of Two Titanosaurs, but the TLDR is that the London exhibition did it better!
Too bad it's only a temporary exhibit, but at least it's going on tour!

I happened to visit with Himmapaan, who insisted on buying me a copy of the tie-in book that was sold in connection to the exhibit! I had to take a photo with my Safari model!  ;D

https://dinodadreviews.com/2023/11/02/titanosaur-life-as-the-biggest-dinosaur/

Crackington

Thanks for posting avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) and I enjoyed the reviews.

Great to hear that you met up with Niroot (Himmapaan) and I hope he's well. For newer folk, he was one of the original Forum members, a talented artist and a very nice guy. I met him on the Forum's meet-up at the Museum back in 2011(?) - it's been a long time!

By the way, following Ceratopsian's tip off of the price reduction on the Titanosaur model (thanks!), I bought it after all. The little label on its foot does make clear that it is Patagotitan Mayorum, though this is not indicated on the actual figure.

Quote from: Crackington on January 07, 2024, 10:23:48 AMThanks for posting avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) and I enjoyed the reviews.

Great to hear that you met up with Niroot (Himmapaan) and I hope he's well. For newer folk, he was one of the original Forum members, a talented artist and a very nice guy. I met him on the Forum's meet-up at the Museum back in 2011(?) - it's been a long time!

By the way, following Ceratopsian's tip off of the price reduction on the Titanosaur model (thanks!), I bought it after all. The little label on its foot does make clear that it is Patagotitan Mayorum, though this is not indicated on the actual figure.

They're doing fairly well! They go by Natee now, though. They still have a penchant for dinosaur models, though they have gotten somewhat tired of keeping up with social media, which is why they haven't been present in the current version of the forum for some time.

Quote from: Flaffy on November 28, 2022, 02:46:48 PMI do wonder how they'll manage to squeeze the Patagotitan into the Waterhouse Gallery though, as that display hall is just about enough for "Dippy" the Diplodocus. I guess if they managed to make it work at the AMNH, however cramped it may be, they'll find a way at the NHM.

OH! While I was there, I also bought myself a copy of the Dippy tie-in book that accompanied the skeleton's brief return to the NHM prior to the Patagotitan exhibit.
Dippy: The Nation's Favourite Dinosaur

Libraraptor

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) ; Defintitely going to read your blog, thanks for sharing! I have just ordered two NHM London sauropods - their Patagotitan figure and their Diplodocus/Kentrosaurus- set. Although its head is ridicuously small, I still like it.