News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

SHOWANNA - New for 2025

Started by Concavenator, April 23, 2024, 07:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebermuda303

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 29, 2024, 09:50:51 PMI could see it being crushed, but I'm certain it's not wider than rex lmao.
I worded it wrong, my bad. Front of the skull anterior part of the skull is pretty much the same on both, anterior part is wider on tyrannosaurus.
I don't know how to post pics on mobile, but here's a thread on the topic. https://www.dinosaurhome.com/tarbosaurus-true-skull-width-77618.html
It's actually pretty fascinating

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Ah yeah that about fits what I understood!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2024, 10:07:57 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2024, 04:47:41 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2024, 04:02:45 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2024, 03:05:49 AM
Quote from: Bread on April 28, 2024, 11:55:50 PMS @SidB I had no clue he had sculpted that Spinosaurus for schleich! It makes sense since it does look quite different from the rest of their entire line.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I second that! I've preordered this Tyrannosaurus, but the rest of the other therapods by him are a pass for me. They look excellent but too many large therapods are a crowd for me, although the big Al would be the rule breaker!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2024, 07:01:07 PMPreordered.  I'm a little curious about the shipping as Lana usually has free shipping or at most 2.00 for any of the midsized and smaller PNSO and HLG releases.
I'm going to assume if anything it would be standard shipping cost, if it's not free, for U.S. customers. Crossing my fingers for it to be free.

Turns out it was 20.00  I guess rates have gone up or this in particular is more costly. 80.00 vs a 100.00 and you get it painted vs having to pay for it is still a fair deal.

One of the reasons I haven't picked up the Dino Dream raptors is the 50 dollar shipping cost? Not sure why it's so high.
It's nice that Lana doesn't typically charge much for shipping, or shipping at all, but when they do it does hurt a bit.

That's odd to me as well since when I bought them they were free shipping I think?    Have you signed up for an account with them?

Yes, I do have an account with Lana. Checking again, shipping is now down to 40 dollars, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I would just message or email them for a quote. I'll be doing the same on future orders if it continues to be this wonky.

SRF

Paleofiguras posted the first in hand pictures of Scotty the T. rex.

While a fenominal sculpt, compared to the Rexes of PNSO (Cameron), Eofauna and even Rebor, this one looks kinda rough. I also think it should be a bit bulkier, especially since this figure represents Scotty. PNSO's Cameron looks like a lot heavier animal than this one I feel.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

I agree with avatar_SRF @SRF this model seems to lack a bit of bulk than its predecessor resin versions. I took a quick peak at Showanna's other Tyrannosaurus models, and they seem to be perfectly bulky.

I'm still in favor of this rex, I prefer it over Eofauna's mainly because of the head sculpt.

Concavenator

We shouldn't forget that just because a depiction is bulkier than another doesn't necessarily make it more accurate. By that logic, Rebor's most recent Tyrannosaurus should be the most accurate versions on the market, they certainly have a lot of girth to them, more so than other recent Tyrannosaurus figures. But that is not the case, L @Leyster expalined about it here.

SRF

Quote from: Concavenator on May 01, 2024, 02:33:32 PMWe shouldn't forget that just because a depiction is bulkier than another doesn't necessarily make it more accurate. By that logic, Rebor's most recent Tyrannosaurus should be the most accurate versions on the market, they certainly have a lot of girth to them, more so than other recent Tyrannosaurus figures. But that is not the case, L @Leyster expalined about it here.

I definitely support L @Leyster in his explanation. The Rebor Rexes are a bit too much in the muscle department. However the difference between this Rex from Showanna and the figures from PNSO, Eofauna and BOTM is also quite obvious. 
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 01, 2024, 02:33:32 PMWe shouldn't forget that just because a depiction is bulkier than another doesn't necessarily make it more accurate. By that logic, Rebor's most recent Tyrannosaurus should be the most accurate versions on the market, they certainly have a lot of girth to them, more so than other recent Tyrannosaurus figures. But that is not the case, L @Leyster expalined about it here.
This figure is based on Scotty, and this specimen is shown to be on the bulkier/larger side of Tyrannosaurus specimens. It seems to me the bulk is lacking around the gastralia.

One thing I noticed after looking more at the figure, it really could be the perception of the figure having an upright motion in its posture.

Blade-of-the-Moon

As Scott Hartman once told me, you can chalk a lot of minor differences up to individual variation. On top of that you have age, health, ect.. so basing it on a certain specimen while attractive in concept doesn't mean a reconstruction ends there.

SidB

Quote from: SRF on May 01, 2024, 12:47:41 PMPaleofiguras posted the first in hand pictures of Scotty the T. rex.

While a fenominal sculpt, compared to the Rexes of PNSO (Cameron), Eofauna and even Rebor, this one looks kinda rough. I also think it should be a bit bulkier, especially since this figure represents Scotty. PNSO's Cameron looks like a lot heavier animal than this one I feel.

Quote from: SRF on May 01, 2024, 12:47:41 PMPaleofiguras posted the first in hand pictures of Scotty the T. rex.

Certain aspects of this figure remind me of PNSO's Wilson 2.0.

Stegotyranno420

This is the next step in PVC Dinosaur figures. This is a revolution. This is a new age. A new level.
Before PNSO set the new precedent for quality and detail in non-resin models.

[okay maybe i am exaggerating a bit]

Carnoking

Does have a bit of a "mangy" look to it but that's okay in my book. Real animals aren't always pretty. Plus, even if it's not perfect, I'd like to see them continue with this line so it's still worth supporting.

Pliosaurking

I think this model looks phenomenal, I really like how rugged looking it is.

Over9K

So... is it accurate... or awesomebro... or...

Concavenator

More pics, from Baidu.

In the same thread I saw this pic too. After translating it to Spanish, I saw mention of "GK" and "next year" , and it appears to be in 1:35 scale too.

SidB

The roughness of the facial skin texture sure reminds me of Wilson 1.0.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Could be another resin GK.  They have one in 1/35 here : https://lanatime-shop.com/products/show012?_pos=8&_sid=4fa40fe96&_ss=r

They are pretty proficient at making these models pretty quick. I've heard they simply manipulate a cg render print it and cast it.  Makes sense. A lot of their pieces look pretty similar just different scales and poses.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.