News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Random Questions

Started by ZoPteryx, January 02, 2013, 02:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

A few random questions. ^-^

Animal Planet Explorer set.  Mainly just interested in the terror bird, is it worth it?

And the various Tamiya dinosaur sets like this one.  Do they need to be painted?

Any other comments and opinions are welcomed! :)

mmfrankford

Can't answer the first question but I can the second. The Tamiya set is plastic and comes unpainted.

Blade-of-the-Moon

First one is really up to you. :)

The 2nd Melissa is right on the mark.

Balaur

From what I've researched, the 1sst one is really not something I would get the Terror Bird had teeth!  :o
Do they have to do that!? AAAAAWWW! I was going to get it too until I saw that!

ZoPteryx

Thank you all for you help. :)

Does anyone know if there's a Tamiya kit with multiple Archeopteryx?

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on January 02, 2013, 09:43:30 AM
From what I've researched, the 1sst one is really not something I would get the Terror Bird had teeth!  :o
Do they have to do that!? AAAAAWWW! I was going to get it too until I saw that!

Thank you for pointing that out!  I thought it was just the camera flash giving it that appearance, but now I see it in other photos.  Such a shame, there are far too few terror bird figure; and even fewer good ones!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zopteryx on January 03, 2013, 01:32:01 AM
Thank you all for you help. :)

Does anyone know if there's a Tamiya kit with multiple Archeopteryx?
The Tamiya Brachio comes with Archeopteryx, but it's a large and expensive kit (at least compared to the others in the Tamiya line), so buying it just for the archeopteryx models doesn't seem very economical.

brontodocus

There are only two Archaeopteryx models in the whole series. They are similar and equal in size, but not exactly the same sculpt. Here are mine:

Left one is from the Brachiosaurus Diorama Set, the other one from the Mesozoic Creatures Set, both sets contain only a single Archaeopteryx. BTW, they are tiny but still too large for 1/35th scale, more likely they are about 1/20th to 1/25th scale. If you are not interested in getting the Brachiosaurus Diorama (still an impressive and nice kit), I'd recommend the much more affordable Mesozoic Creatures set. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

ZoPteryx

Last few question. ^-^  The Tamiya Parasaurolophus kit: I really like the pterosaurs it comes with but it's quite expensive too.  How large are the pterosaurs, and is the kit worth the $50 price tag. ???

And also, since the Archeopteryx are too big to be 1:35 scale, how easy would it be to modify them into some other dinosaur?

Thanks! :)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zopteryx on January 07, 2013, 10:38:03 PM
Last few question. ^-^  The Tamiya Parasaurolophus kit: I really like the pterosaurs it comes with but it's quite expensive too.  How large are the pterosaurs, and is the kit worth the $50 price tag. ???

And also, since the Archeopteryx are too big to be 1:35 scale, how easy would it be to modify them into some other dinosaur?

Thanks! :)
The pterosaurs are tiny, they're about an inch or so across.

Here's an idea

I know because I used to own the kit myself.

I don't know about the archeopteryx in the mesozoic kit, but the one in the brachiosaurus diorama kit is tiny as well. Kaiyodo sized. You'd probably need a magnifying glass and a nerves of steel to modify it.

I would really not reccomend buying either of these kits for just the tiny little archeopteryx or the pterosaurs. You'll end up disappointed.