News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Expo figures

Started by Bokisaurus, March 09, 2013, 02:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Besides the typical small figures, Kaiyodo and Takara has also released figures that are slightly larger and made of resin or some type of harder plastic. These figures comes in nice boxes with information (unfortunately all in Japanese). I am not really familiar with the entire series.
it looks like they were released a few at a time, usually for a major dinosaur exhibits. These is what I have slowly collected over the years.
My questions is, are there more that goes with the series? I am aware of a Spinosaurus and maybe another T-rex variant (?) and a Yutyrannus, anything else? I'm curios how many are there, thanks :)
Add you collection photo, enjoy :)

Guanlong

T-rex

Edmontosaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Gigantoraptor

Szechuanosaurus

Fukuiraptor

Fukuisaurus

Saurosuchus

SBell

Interestingly, the non-Kaiyodo figures you have pictured are mostly Capcom--the third common Dino Expo company! That includes the T.rex, Guanlong, Mamenchi, Edmontosaurus and Gigantoraptor.

Don't know who made the Dawn of the Dinos set (minis or larger resins).

I don't have the full sets, but the first Takara set also included a hard-to-find Anchiornis. A figure I highly recommend, if it can be found). It was apparently only available in a limited location within the expo.

docronnie

I have the Edmonto and this one, which has a different paint job:

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

That Rex isn't too bad, at least it has a closed mouth, which is something you don't see in most theropods. It's probably still not detailed enough for me to buy, though :-\

Fukuiraptor

Here is the full set of 2009 Dino Expo figures

docronnie

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 17, 2013, 04:54:23 AM
That Rex isn't too bad, at least it has a closed mouth, which is something you don't see in most theropods. It's probably still not detailed enough for me to buy, though :-\

I agree, it's not detailed enough.

Thanks Fukuiraptor! That's the Tyrannosaurus that I have - 2009.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.