You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tyrannosaurus by Tony McVey (For Nostalgia's Sake)

Started by Dan, March 26, 2013, 05:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

As some of you know, paleoartist Tony McVey has collaborated with Dan's Dinosaurs to produce a brand new line of resin kits. When this news was first shared, I received no shortage of excited e-mails, asking if Tony would be bringing his old kits back into production. Sadly, this is not the case; among his many other ongoing projects, he will be focusing on the new kit line. However, he did offer some nice high-resolution images of the rare and famous Tyrannosaurus he sculpted for a museum exhibit in 1998, which was offered in resin castings for a short time. To be clear: This piece is not for sale. The artist has requested that I share these images, and the model itself can be seen in person at the upcoming Wondercon in Anaheim, CA from the 29-31 of March.

1:10 scale
Approximately 4 feet long

It remains a beautiful piece today, and I think it is worth our admiration.

More photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/DansDinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

it is a beautiful piece with a lot of characterization and motion.  I'm sure Tony could do justice to a brand new T-Rex model though..given the popularity it's bound to be a wonderful seller.

Cirex

tyrantqueen

Not going to lie, this one is gorgeous (even if it's not in my preferred scale) :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.