News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

lady medusa's dino repaints

Started by Lady medusa, January 19, 2013, 05:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady medusa

i know i havent posted anything in a really long time because of a multitude of reasons (mainly caue i cant load stuff just using my ipad). i figure im long over due to post some stuff! now that i have my art studio up and running i have been painting and building my head off!
enjoy :)

(sorry for the links but since i cant just attach the photos on here i dont really know how else to post them)

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=amargasaurus+repaint#/d5q9sqj

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=trex+repaint#/d5q9s95

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

paleoferroequine

Glad to see you back although I haven't posted anything either. :(  These repaints are really nice, I like the patterns. To show the pictures here you click on the insert image icon in the edit menus. It's the one that looks like a portrait.  It will show img /img (but with brackets) then copy image location with right mouse click and paste at the cursor in the middle  between the brackets. There you go. ;D Not sure if that's clear.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Midnight Amargasaurus ! Love it ! :)

Bokisaurus

Nice repaints, there is just something about Amarga's that begs to be painted darker ;)

Lady medusa

Thanks very much guys! Yea I know alot of smaller animals tend to be black or dark to make themselves look bigger. so with amarga being kinda small for a sauropod and the theory of the sail (or spines) to make it look bigger why not look flashy lol. I figure this would either be threat colors or breeding colors, surely some dinosaurs would flash different colors like many animals today.

Lady medusa

Quote from: paleoferroequine on January 19, 2013, 09:45:30 PM
Glad to see you back although I haven't posted anything either. :(  These repaints are really nice, I like the patterns. To show the pictures here you click on the insert image icon in the edit menus. It's the one that looks like a portrait.  It will show img /img (but with brackets) then copy image location with right mouse click and paste at the cursor in the middle  between the brackets. There you go. ;D Not sure if that's clear.

Thanks so much for showing me how to do this!

Battatitan

Really nice repaints, although I love that Safari Rex  :D The way you've mixed natural earthy colours with gentle patches of bright ones is really effective and makes him seem much larger than he actually is!  I also like the bands you've applied on the tail and the hues of blue on the throat and face.
Awesome repaints, Lady Medusa  ;) :D

Lady medusa

Quote from: Battatitan on February 11, 2013, 12:05:27 PM
Really nice repaints, although I love that Safari Rex  :D The way you've mixed natural earthy colours with gentle patches of bright ones is really effective and makes him seem much larger than he actually is!  I also like the bands you've applied on the tail and the hues of blue on the throat and face.
Awesome repaints, Lady Medusa  ;) :D

Thank you very much!

The only part of the markings that I wish I wouldn't had added was the camo green stripes on the legs and arms. I used the smallest brushes I had to try to make them as thin as possible. I was also trying to dry brush them on to try to keep the realistic tones, however this failed for me horribly. The figure is too textured and too small I guess to do that kind of detail. If I could fix that without messing up the rest of the figure then I would do it.

The inspiration for this guys patterning was actually a Japanese garden lizard :)
Now I just need to add a base to it and well he may find his way to eBay for a new happy home.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.