News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hobby & Work Publishing Dinos - Collecta Knock Off's

Started by Blackdanter, June 29, 2013, 01:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

So, for the curious, here are some pictures of my Collecta knock off's from China. These were really tough to get but I managed a small number! Nearly all have the details hot knifed off of them leaving only the CE mark. I have one which seems to have escaped this treatment and it reveals that these were made for an Italian company called Hobby & Work Publishing. I wonder whether this is another magazine premium type thing along similar lines to the Salvat figures? They are actually really well made figures. The plastic is a kind of heavy acrylic and the finishing and paintwork is well done. It's a shame that the distributor treats them so badly as they are nearly all sent to me loose in boxes and suffer a certain amount of paint rubs.

Anyway, here are the figures. You'll either love them or hate them!

It turns out that these are a magazine premium! I wonder whether it folded before the full sequence could be released?

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.hobbyeworkpublishing.it/opere/bambini-e-ragazzi/dinosauri-3d

Here's the TV advert:

http://youtu.be/72DclFXGyZw

SBell

The funny thing is that CollectA recently acknowledged how badly they were ripped off for these figures, while admitting there wasn't a whole lot that they could do.

That could have something to do with the line ending early!

Blackdanter

Quote from: SBell on June 29, 2013, 03:05:40 PM
The funny thing is that CollectA recently acknowledged how badly they were ripped off for these figures, while admitting there wasn't a whole lot that they could do.

That could have something to do with the line ending early!

Interesting Sean. So did Collecta enter into some form of licensing deal? I find it strange that one company would copy a line so widely and get away with it!

Primeval12

what does the CE stand for, I've always wondered that.

stemturtle

Quote from: primeval12 on June 29, 2013, 04:46:39 PM
what does the CE stand for, I've always wondered that.

CE is the European Community mark that "indicates a product's compliance with EU legislation and enables the free movement of products within the European market." See Wikipedia.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.