News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about Kaiyodo Dinoland series

Started by tyrantqueen, May 23, 2013, 08:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Hi
Does anyone know why Kaiyodo stopped making resin/vinyl kits in big scales? (as in the Dinoland series) Their gashapon dinos are beautiful and everything, but they're just so tiny :(

I love these models, for me they are more accurate and better detailed than even Battat or Papo (IMO). It's a shame that they're so hard to get a hold of :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would surmise they stopped selling very well in Japan.

postsaurischian

....... but as we all know, they already re-released three models of the Dinoland series (Allosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor skeleton). Let's hope for more in the future - especially the Brachiosaurus, Kentrosaurus and Ceratosaurus skeleton (my personal re-release wishlist) :)!

Seijun

The raptor skeleton is re-released? I remember the rex and allo but cant recall seeing anything about the skeleton.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

This is the re-release by Griffon Enterprises and here is some information about the original.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They may have released the Rex and Allo as a way to test the market again...they were the two most popular in the line I believe, but we haven't seen any new releases this year yet.

If you want the Velociraptor skeleton it might be a god idea to get it, I'm not sure what exactly is going on with Griffon/Fossil Master but they have been advertising in PT for quite awhile and only released two pieces so far. I hope they stay in business as I really want the feathered Velociraptor and Allo skeleton.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 24, 2013, 04:50:43 AM
....... but as we all know, they already re-released three models of the Dinoland series (Allosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor skeleton). Let's hope for more in the future - especially the Brachiosaurus, Kentrosaurus and Ceratosaurus skeleton (my personal re-release wishlist) :)!
I'm not really interested in the velociraptor skeleton personally, I'd like to see some more of 1/35 models. I love their retro kits too, but I doubt they'd be popular with today's market :(

Derek Sohoza

I spent a good number of hours looking on Ebay and other sites for good Kaiyodo kits in hopes of finding some of their sauropod models. It doesn't seem like there's any out there. There was just a lot of the toy-like ones, and as postsaurischian mentioned, skeleton models.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Derek Sohoza on June 03, 2013, 06:32:57 PM
I spent a good number of hours looking on Ebay and other sites for good Kaiyodo kits in hopes of finding some of their sauropod models. It doesn't seem like there's any out there. There was just a lot of the toy-like ones, and as postsaurischian mentioned, skeleton models.
I have already searched eBay, that would be the most obvious place to search first. I don't believe that it is impossible to find any, they are just rare.
I have a Kaiyodo Maiasaura, which begat my obsession with the Dinoland series.

And by "toy like", are you referring to the Dinotales models? Those are most definitely not toys, they're aimed at adult collectors, and have a strong fanbase here on the forum.

Derek Sohoza

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 03, 2013, 06:48:28 PM
I have already searched eBay, that would be the most obvious place to search first. I don't believe that it is impossible to find any, they are just rare.

And it's a great-looking maiasaura at that. Every time I see one I think of those life-sized maiasaura reconstructions that Jack Horner's often pictured with. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Derek Sohoza on June 03, 2013, 06:58:37 PM

And it's a great-looking maiasaura at that. Every time I see one I think of those life-sized maiasaura reconstructions that Jack Horner's often pictured with. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it?
It was $45 BIN. I only got it about a week ago, but I believe it was one of the last ones, because they're out of stock now :)

Derek Sohoza

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 03, 2013, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: Derek Sohoza on June 03, 2013, 06:58:37 PM

It was $45 BIN. I only got it about a week ago, but I believe it was one of the last ones, because they're out of stock now :)

That would be my luck.  :P

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.