News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Allosaurus by Matt Manit

Started by Joel, March 22, 2012, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady medusa

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2013, 05:14:43 PM
Wow..yeah. Definitely not 1:35 ...but bigger is better right ? lol ;D

I believe the iguanodon is 1:20, from
What I've looked up. the Rex and trike are 1:35, the ichthyosaurs I have no idea what scale it is. Listed as 1:35 but it's way bigger!

Lady medusa

Quote from: radman on January 28, 2013, 03:58:34 PM
I'd be interested in seeing the Allo compared to some standard scale model.  I did get the Manit Iguanodon from the same seller, listed as 1:35, and it was a pretty nice kit, lotta flash, though, and the base was well done too.  But it was huuuge:

Here  it is with the Carnegie Iggie (1:40), and I'd say  the Manit version is close to 1:20.

I will say I have fallen in love with his kits, they are very clean and well done in detail.
I do also like how his predators have their mouths closed. A Lil refreshing from the jaws agape pose that many kits have.
I did measure the allo! I was shocked to find its 13" long and 4" tall at the top of the neck.

Joel

Quote from: Lady medusa on January 29, 2013, 12:06:21 AM
I did measure the allo! I was shocked to find its 13" long and 4" tall at the top of the neck.
I was hoping it would be greater than 15 inches. Well, thanks for measuring it anyway. I'd still love to see pictures of the kit!

Lady medusa

Quote from: Joel on January 29, 2013, 08:26:54 PM
Quote from: Lady medusa on January 29, 2013, 12:06:21 AM
I was hoping it would be greater than 15 inches. Well, thanks for measuring it anyway. I'd still love to see pictures of the kit!

I could add photos on here of his kits that I have. I really want to get the carnotaurus and deinonychus! The deinonychus isn't feathered but that can be fixed with some apoxie :)

Simon

13" makes that Allosaurus 32.5' long in 1/30 scale.  Close enough to add to my 1/30 collection.

Lady medusa

I've been slowly working on getting this kit built. If its close enough in looks, I'd like to have it and Dan lorussos (I'm sure I spelled his name Wrong :/) allosaurus pursuing dan's stegosaurus or radars camarasaurus. I have yet to do a pursuing scene so I figure it would be a nice new challenge :).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.