News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kill Kill Kill

Started by radman, February 27, 2013, 09:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Well, I have to admit, this makes that Allo chomping a Cerato bit in WDRA (or was it WWD) more plausible:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/02/kill-kill-kill-way-to-show-those-children-whos-boss.html

radman

He ain't called King of the Jungle for nothing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNmQX09rX0

Great dramatic score, btw.

Gwangi

These are both good examples that predators are not always content to leave each other alone or that animals would rather run than fight and all that BS I always hear about. Animals don't like competition, predators in particular. There is nothing far fetched about the notion that theropods engaged other predator species.

paleoferroequine

If I remember this event correctly from Nat Geo in Botswana, it's even more interesting than that. The lion pride and hyaena pack had been at war a long time. The male lion doing the killing had been attacked when a cub but survived. He had such a grudge against hyaenas that he would go out of his way to get to them. This particular incident started when the hyaenas challenged the pride. The male was several miles away when he heard the attack. He went hell bent for leather to the scene and singled out the matriarch of the hyaenas and ran her down and killed her. I believe he also killed her replacement. He would kill any hyaena he saw. The hyaenas were terrified of him. Small wonder.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on February 27, 2013, 10:09:45 PM
These are both good examples that predators are not always content to leave each other alone or that animals would rather run than fight and all that BS I always hear about. Animals don't like competition, predators in particular. There is nothing far fetched about the notion that theropods engaged other predator species.
Its not the idea of theropods killing each other that is far fetched,it's the very over the top way the scenarios are always played out,like the aforementioned Allosaurus vs. Ceratosaurus. Allosaurus is shown to effortlessly send Ceratosaurus through the air like a footbal in "Jurassic Fight Club"....and Ceratosaurus does it's best impression of being in "The Matrix" when some of them actually DOG PILE a mother Allosaurus,taking it down Bambi's Mom style at one point in the story "The Hunt" from Marcel Delgado's "Age of Reptiles" graphic novel... :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

There was a documentary on the BBC recently about Alaskan bears and the alpha male of the area attacked and killed a female in a swift unprovoked attack it was quite sobering to watch.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.