News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JustFalling's CGI Dinos

Started by JustFalling, May 24, 2013, 03:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustFalling

Hello all!

After lurking for some time on your forum I've finally decided that its time to actively participate. I've been a professional artist for a year now working in the games industry. Increasingly though I've found myself trying to keep my entire portfolio from being invaded by dinosauria. Guess its time to give in and actually sculpt what I'm really interested in!

I work mostly digitally but am working to find the space and time to start working in clay. I hope to work my way up from Shapeways models to full kits!

Anyway, here are two relics from the past, about 2 years ago, before I actually knew anything concrete about dino anatomy.

First we have Carnotaurus

Then a Gastonia

Couldn't resist throwing that last one in there, the repetition of the spines from the top is just stunning on the skeleton!

Currently I'm working on a Stegosaurus stenops and previews of that will go up soon. Do any of you have any suggestions for dinos that don't get enough love in the art world? 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmmm...Allosaurus certainly gets the love but he can always use more..especially when you can pair him with that Stego your working on. :)

tyrantqueen

I like the Carnotaurus, but the join between the ribcage and the abdomen is a little odd looking.

But since you mentioned this is old stuff, errors are to be expected. I hope to see your newer work soon :)

Primeval12

Cool! I'd love to see those colored.

JustFalling

Just started blocking in another guy, don't have a sneak peak just yet though. This one is a little guy and an ornithischian. I'll let you guys guess for a little while. XP UPdates on the stenops will be going up tonight time permitting. Has the debate on the positioning of their metacarpals ever been resolved? I've seen both a sort of sauropod-ish 'u' shape hypothesized as well as a sort of oval shaped, spread out arrangement. From an artistic perspective I like the look of the 'u' shape better since it looks both sturdy and almost dainty!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.