News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Papo Knockoffs

Started by Ikessauro, December 09, 2013, 05:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

I guess these are sold in China only. I don't know where they are sold exactly, a friend of mine posted the pics on her Facebook page, she found the pics looking for figures online.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like they casted the figures and then gave the result a poorer paint job.

sauroid

poor Papo. all their efforts stolen just like that. (but i must admit i'd be tempted to buy them if i come across them)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on December 09, 2013, 05:49:58 PM
poor Papo. all their efforts stolen just like that. (but i must admit i'd be tempted to buy them if i come across them)

I wouldn't say so..I mean if they were colored different or something.. the originals are still superior to these. :)

Megalosaurus

Papo bootlegs looks so bad. But if they cost 50% less than Papo, may be even I buy them. Just because they are great for customizing, if it goes wrong, instead of ruining a great figure you just loose your cheap bootleg.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Jetoar

They are nice for repaints and other things ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Interesting bootlegs. I might pick them up if I stumbled across them cheaply, but otherwise I'll just stick to the real deal.

tanystropheus

Papo bootlegs look better than most retail figures.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 09, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
Papo bootlegs looks so bad. But if they cost 50% less than Papo, may be even I buy them. Just because they are great for customizing, if it goes wrong, instead of ruining a great figure you just loose your cheap bootleg.

Or you could save even more money, but not buying them at all :P

tanystropheus

If that bootleg Running T-rex was brown, I would have picked it up >:D

CityRaptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 10, 2013, 12:51:31 AM

THIS! Exactly what I'm gonna do. Not wasting my money on some bootlegs. Importing them probably would also make them more expensive then the real deal.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

They look like emaciated versions of the real thing.

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 10, 2013, 02:40:23 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 10, 2013, 12:51:31 AM

THIS! Exactly what I'm gonna do. Not wasting my money on some bootlegs. Importing them probably would also make them more expensive then the real deal.

Agreed. I like Papo for their quality, these don't have that.

Bokisaurus

Not bad at all for imitation figures :))
If anything, they have Collectors value due to the fact that they are copy and probably will be hard to find and will soon be gone ;D
That, said, if anyone knows a source for these figures, let me know ;)

Invicta Hunter

I know their cheap but I would love to own them.

Ikessauro

Just so you know, these cost the same or even more than the original pieces.

CityRaptor

Just as I thought. Overpriced Imposters!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

LOL the audacity of these pirate manufacturers to overprice what is basically junk. oh well, i'd buy them if they were like 50% priced less than the originals.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The mentality is easy to figure though..they're almost 100% profit.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.