News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Facebook problem

Started by radman, May 31, 2013, 12:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Hey, if any computer whizzes can help me out here, I will greatly appreciate it.  The other day, I was uploading a pic for a FB post, but it took forever, and the little circle kept spinning around and round.  So, I decided it was stuck and uploaded the same pic a second time, which was successful.  However, I couldn't post it, because the first pic was still in progress.  I tried to hit the stop button, but it didn't work.  So, I right-clicked on the pic that was stuck in loading, and one of the options was "block element", so I selected that.  Sure enough, that stopped the pic from loading, but it also stopped ALL of my pics that I'd ever uploaded from being seen, including my profile pic and anything in my news feed thread - basically no pictures anywhere, although I can still see what people have typed.  I also can't see any pics on any of my friend's pages.  Bad enough in and of itself, but when I logged out and my wife logged in on the same computer, she had the same problem, so now she's plenty PO'd at me, 'cause she's a FB junkie.  I've clicked all over my settings on FB and my own PC and can't find any way to undo this.  I sent a help request to FB, but they basically said they couldn't respond to individual help requests >:(
Can anyone help me out here, I'm at a loss about what to do to restore my pictures and keep wifey from hating on me. :-[ :P :(
Thanks in advance! 

stoneage

I'm not on facebook so I doubt I can help you.  I hope you have the pictures saved in cyber space or somewhere.  If you do then I think you could start over from scratch. Good Luck!

neuro

It is quite long since you experienced the issue but just in case you are still trying to figure it out... you have blocked it by some browser add-in like addblock+ etc. In case this is still the issue, let me know what browser and addin you are using.

radman

Thank you Neuro!  I had been FBing on IE since the "incident" occurred while using Google Chrome.  FB looks fine on IE, just not GC, so sure enough, I looked in the URL box and adblock was on - I unblocked it and all the images reappeared, so simple!
Thanks again for the tip.

neuro

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.