You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park Digital Soundtrack Release Features NEW Tracks!!! 3 Formats

Started by scallenger, March 27, 2013, 04:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scallenger

Check it out, everyone!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/jurassic-park-20th-anniversary/id621507165

It includes 4 tracks at the end that feature virtually ALL previously unreleased music, as indicated below. You'll notice, as noted that two tracks feature more than one piece of music. Apparently the rest of the album has been remastered as well!

17. The History Lesson (2:28 ) = 2m1 The Entrance of Mr. Hammond (John talking with Grant and Sattler at the dig site), 5m1 The History Lesson (Grant with Tim and Lex in the jeeps)
18. Stalling Around (2:32 ) = 3m3 Cartoon Demonstration (Mr. DNA music)
19. The Coming Storm (3:58 ) = 6m3 The Coming Storm (right after the Trike visit), 9m2 The T-Rex Chase (!!!), 1m2 The Encased Mosquito (at the dig with Grant and Ellie)
20. Hungry Raptor (2:05 ) = 12m2 Hungry Raptor (the original Raptors in the Shed music, as heard partially in the end credits of the "Making Of" and partially in the film, leading to Muldoon's death)

TOTAL TIME OF NEW TRACKS - 11:03

You can't believe how happy I am right now!

For the record, there are now only three unreleased tracks of music now, and they are as follows:

4m2 You Bred Raptors (0:36 ) (Grant's line as he holds the baby raptor)
8m1 The Trouble With Dennis (1:15 ) (when Dennis is driving around in the rain)
11m1 "Untitled" (0:49 ) (on the sheet music it's untitled, but it is sometimes called "System Ready", and it's right after Arnold shuts down the computers)

Total Time Of Still Unreleased Tracks - 2:40

So less than 3 minutes of unreleased music is not much of a crime! While I of course still wish to have the above three tracks, this new release definitely gives us the most wanted music that was missing from the original soundtrack CD and the sound quality is great!

!!!UPDATE!!!: The 20th Anniversary Soundtrack can now be downloaded in LOSSLESS audio format in two different versions, via HDTracks!

Lossless: 96kHz/24bit

Lossless: 192kHz/24bit

These are VERY high quality versions of the same iTunes release, and includes the same digital booklet. Definitely a major upgrade compared to it. Now, the difference between the two HDTracks releases may be minimal to most people, so I'm sure most will stick to the 96kHz/24bit version, unless one has a REALLY high-end audio system, then they may want to go with the latter. Price difference is pretty big, but either one is definitely better than the iTunes release now.
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

DinoToyForum

Is this an itunes exclusive, or will it be available as a CD? I was thinking of getting the CD of the soundtrack (something to listen to while I'm working away on my palaeo-papers), but I guess the CD will be missing these extra tracks?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 27, 2013, 03:00:02 PM
Is this an itunes exclusive, or will it be available as a CD? I was thinking of getting the CD of the soundtrack (something to listen to while I'm working away on my palaeo-papers), but I guess the CD will be missing these extra tracks?

The original cd release doesn't have them..if this is an exclusive could you buy the tracks/album and then burn them to a cd ?

scallenger

I totally forgot to update this thread. A few weeks ago they actually released on the site HD Tracks 2 lossless versions of this new edition! So, if you are one for sound quality, definitely purchase one of the two lossless versions listed in the updated main post!

As for a CD, no, there is still no word on a CD version of this, and at the moment it seems unlikely (though not impossible). The best thing to do is to buy one of the lossless versions and just convert/burn to a CD, which is a shame, I agree. But at least it WILL be CD quality sound! Actually, the current lossless versions available will sound better than a CD if you have proper software/system installed!

Now, take note... this current release is actually too long to fit on a single CD. So if you want the full presentation as it is on CD, you will have to split it somewhere and put it on two. However, Track 16 "End Credits" is actually a duplicate of the second half of Track 7 "Welcome To Jurassic Park", just as it was on the original CD. Why did they do this? To be honest, I don't know. It's been one of my annoyances with the original CD all along, done perhaps just for the sake of a listening experience. But it really is the EXACT same music. So, if you actually remove that track, you can fit this entire new release on just one CD.

However, by doing so, one may as well re-sequence the entire CD to be closer to how it is heard in the film (I mean... the real end credits music, Track 7 as mentioned, is currently in the MIDDLE of the album!). To do this, without any music editing, follow the listing below. It isn't perfect, since there are several tracks with combined cues, but it is close enough and is a great listening experience that feels more faithful to the film.

01 Opening Titles (0:33)
03 Incident at Isla Nublar (5:20)
04 Journey to the Island (8:51)
18 Stalling Around (2:32)
06 Hatching Baby Raptor (3:21)
17 The History Lesson (2:28)
13 Jurassic Park Gate (2:04)
08 My Friend, the Brachiosaurus (4:16)
09 Dennis Steals the Embryo (4:56)
19 The Coming Storm (3:58)
10 A Tree for My Bed (2:12)
12 Remembering Petticoat Lane (2:48)
14 Eye to Eye (6:32)
11 High-wire Stunts (4:08)
20 Hungry Raptor (2:05)
05 The Raptor Attack (2:49)
15 T-Rex Rescue & Finale (7:40)
07 Welcome to Jurassic Park (7:55)

Now you may notice, besides the omitted Track 16, that Track 02 "Theme From Jurassic Park" is also missing. This track is also a duplicate, believe it or not, of the second half of Track 04 "Journey To The Island". However, Williams made a sort of concert arrangement out of it by recording a different intro and outro for it that is unique to the track, and not made with the film itself in mind. So Track 02 you could really then put wherever you want. I personally would put it as the very first track, since it is a unique arrangement version, and seems like an appropriate way to open up the rest of the soundtrack. But some people may not even bother including this at all, since it is mostly repeated music, again.

If you want to even go the extra mile, you could actually add another unique track to this set (although it wouldn't fit on a CD version you would make, most likely). There was a CD released in the 90s called "Williams On Williams", which featured a re-recorded concert arrangement version of "My Friend The Brachiosaurus" that he did. It is a lovely alternate version of the track, and features a few moments not present in the film version. Would make a lovely additional bonus track. You can either buy the CD from an Amazon seller, as well as buy just an MP3 of the single track, which can also be done at iTunes.

DinoToyForum

Wow, thanks for the thorough overview scallenger. Maybe I'll burn a CD myself then, as suggested :)

scallenger

You're welcome! Yeah, it's kind of a pain the way this release is set up, and it may be confusing to people, so I hope I helped!

For anyone who wants to actually edit a completely chronological experience, for the music we have, I can help with that, too. Granted, you will need to use a music editor to split up the tracks and etc. I personally am fine with the arrangement I have listed above.

I still wish they would have went all the way and released the remaining three missing tracks as well (which don't even total 3 minutes worth).

For those actually curious about the three remaining unreleased cues, I found some horribly encoded/mixed videos of them, via DVD rips. Granted, BETTER rips of these tracks can be made than what is heard below, but the sound effects heard can basically not be removed.

"You Bred Raptors?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-VLDHaPSE

"The Trouble With Dennis"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDfWpsXaUY

"System Ready" (not official title)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdlQq6D80BM

Of these three, as you can hear, the only one missing that is a shame is "Trouble With Dennis". But to be honest, I wouldn't trade ANY of the new tracks we did get for that one or the other two still missing. So, it's still a fantastic release. Just not 100% awesome. ;) And it deserves a real CD or two!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amanda

It is a decent album presentation. Be aware the extra pieces do not sound the same as the rest of the album. Seem to have been mastered differently. I know a person who re-edited the pieces into their chronological order and remastered the entire set to sound like a whole album.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.