You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Therizinosaur nesting site found

Started by Gwangi, November 05, 2013, 05:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Balaur

Very cool! New insite to Therizinosaur life, and Deinocheirus. Thank you Mongolia! ;)

Nebuloid

So much news lately ! Is the whole world digging or what ?  :))

Jetoar

Awesome  discovery of these obscure family  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 05, 2013, 11:09:09 AM

The latest SVP (Society Vertebrate Paleontology) meeting just ended so I think it might have something to do with that?

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 05, 2013, 11:09:09 AM

Yeah, what the last guy said. SVP is going on, which means everyone is announcing their study results now.

HD-man

Quote from: Gwangi on November 05, 2013, 05:23:09 AM
http://www.livescience.com/40904-therizinosaur-nesting-colony-discovered.html

Reminds me of Lautenschlager et al. 2013 ( http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0052289 ). Specifically, Lautenschlager et al. concluded that "the high acuity of the individual senses further indicates that they may have played an important role in foraging, predator evasion, and/or social complexity." Now we have an even better idea of how socially complex therizinosaurs were AWA evidence for colonial nesting in another nonavian theropod. Makes me wonder if/when we'll find evidence of brooding behavior in the same therizinosaurs?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

amargasaurus cazaui

I am confused by this article. It seems to be highly sensationalized or I am not correctly understanding it.Segnosaur nests were often found in the Xixia basin area during the Chinese dinosaur egg rush of the 90's . These were often unhatched full clutches that were used in studying the embryos within. They were often also brought to market in full clutches and still appear now and then for sale today. I am unsure why a find of empty shells much smaller in scope would warrant such headlines given this. Ideas, or thoughts?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.