News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bandai Gashapon (Capsule Toy) The Dinosaur Gallery Vol. 1 Re-issue (?)

Started by docronnie, August 24, 2013, 06:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

I saw this first at the Dinosaur Collector site, stating that the set has 6 figures, Supersaurus, Velociraptor, Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Triceratops.

http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/Japan.html

As far as I know, these were again released in 2008 with a different color scheme and without the Supersaurus and will be re-issued this August 2013.

I have the Velociraptor and Stegosaurus (same color scheme as for this month).  The leaflet I have is entitled Gashapon "The Dinosaurs Collection".

Gashapon is a registered trademark of Bandai.  Here's the link of the announcement:

http://gashapon.jp/products/detail.html?charaid=555&prodid=555001

So, I still have a lot of chance of completing this set in the future.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

postsaurischian

Quote from: docronnie on August 24, 2013, 06:59:45 AM
Gashapon is a registered trademark of Bandai.

The term 'Gashapon' cannot be registered. It is loosely translated from Japanese and describes the sounds you hear during the buying process at a vending machine (throwing in the money and using the lever) ;). All items you buy at a vending machine are called 'Gashapon' in Japan.

docronnie

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 24, 2013, 08:11:43 AM
Quote from: docronnie on August 24, 2013, 06:59:45 AM
Gashapon is a registered trademark of Bandai.

The term 'Gashapon' cannot be registered. It is loosely translated from Japanese and describes the sounds you hear during the buying process at a vending machine (throwing in the money and using the lever) ;). All items you buy at a vending machine are called 'Gashapon' in Japan.

I was waiting for that reply, postsaurischian.

Your answer is according to Wikipedia.  I've read this too.  But if you'll look closely at the link at the very end,  Bandai seems to have registered the name Gashapon. I'm just retyping what the site posted.  So, I'm just surprised as to how this happened.  :)

Or maybe, the English translation is wrong?

docronnie

It seems this will clarify things now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashapon

I think I've read your reply from a blog post by collectiondx and saw that his post came from wikipedia.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.