News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Search for Great Dino Toys in UK

Started by feisar, October 29, 2013, 01:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feisar

Hello everyone, 1st post. I never thought Id find a forum like this, its brilliant, keep up the good work guys. My daughter is mad for dinosaurs this year and i want to treat her to some good stuff. I live in the UK and I am struggling to find some really good dinosaur figures/sets. There's a site in the USA called nothingbutdinosaurs, its really good, the best Dino store I've ever seen. I was spoilt for choice. Especially some of the Lontic brand. Unfortunately it will be too expensive to ship over from USA. I cant find any outlet for lontic products in UK. So my question is.. Where can i get the best Dino toys in UK. Thanks

tyrantqueen

http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/

Probably the best site, besides eBay of course :) They don't sell Lontic models, but there are plenty of others to choose from.

bigbear

Try a seller on ebay called 1st4collectables from the Isle of Wight. I've bought a lot of dino models from her and she is top notch! A lot of Collecta, plus some other older stuff in stock. Dinosaur time are supposed to be good, but I've never bought from them, so it's hearsay. Toymaster and Toys R Us stock Schleich and sometimes Papo too. Depends where you live and how accessible some of these stores are. Hope this helps.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: bigbear on November 02, 2013, 08:37:06 PM
Try a seller on ebay called 1st4collectables from the Isle of Wight. I've bought a lot of dino models from her and she is top notch! A lot of Collecta, plus some other older stuff in stock. Dinosaur time are supposed to be good, but I've never bought from them, so it's hearsay. Toymaster and Toys R Us stock Schleich and sometimes Papo too. Depends where you live and how accessible some of these stores are. Hope this helps.
Well, I've bought from them, and I've never had any problems with them. So no, it wouldn't be hearsay.

critcho

"Everything Dinosaur" are also brilliant. I've bought from both "dinosaur time" and "everything dinosaur" and couldn't be more impressed with them.
"Everything Dinosaur" just edge it for me because they include a fact sheet of each dinosaur with your order which I really like.
Another option is obviously Amazon but prices tend to be a little higher. Another one worth a look is "shop4dinosaurs" although I haven't ordered from them yet myself, the fact sheets from Everything dinosaur always win me over! Hope that's helpful.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: critcho on November 02, 2013, 09:45:07 PM
"Everything Dinosaur" are also brilliant. I've bought from both "dinosaur time" and "everything dinosaur" and couldn't be more impressed with them.
"Everything Dinosaur" just edge it for me because they include a fact sheet of each dinosaur with your order which I really like.
Another option is obviously Amazon but prices tend to be a little higher. Another one worth a look is "shop4dinosaurs" although I haven't ordered from them yet myself, the fact sheets from Everything dinosaur always win me over! Hope that's helpful.
Personally, I think Dinosaur Time has a better, more efficient site layout than ED's. I can usually find what I'm searching for much faster on DT than I would on ED's site. And of course, there's Dan's Dinosaurs, which ships internationally (and the owner is a pretty helpful guy).

feisar

Thanks for your advice everyone, I decided to buy off Everything Dinosaur, ok the site isn't as good looking as dinosaur time but when I joined everything dinosaur they sent me a personal email introducing themselves along with pages attached for me to print off for my daughter to colour in, nice touch. I chose 5 figures from the Papo range, I got an email from the woman dealing with my order and they arrived prompt. I unboxed them and wow, they are better than I cud ever have imagined, the detail is amazing. I got a T Rex, brachiosaurus, stegosaurus, velocaraptor and an ammonite from another range. Bit cheaper than dinosaur time too. I'm so impressed. My daughter gonna be so happy.
Now what I need is a dino playmat or landscape, I'm on the lookout

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.