News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fix Papo Pteranodon

Started by fleshanthos, September 11, 2013, 04:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleshanthos

I get to try and remove the teeth Papo painted into the beak of my Pteranodon model.

Any ideas how to tackle this? If I just paint in black, the teeth pattern will still be there. But if I try to take an exacto to it, it might cut too deep in the soft plastic. Anyone try to fix this already?
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Use the exacto and go very slowly and carefully is my best advice. You may also be able to remove them with fingernail clippers. 

Georassic

I took an opposite route: I enhanced the teeth and present the model as a Ludodactylus in 1:18 scale.

fleshanthos

Hm. Didn't know about that one. Very very good name. heh.
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

Georassic

I think I discovered that it makes a passable Ludo- on this forum. ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.