News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help with Shapeways

Started by alexeratops, December 28, 2013, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Okay, so I got this 50 dollar check for Christmas and I am going to spend it on shapeways and I need suggestions on 1/40 models under 50 dollars that dont need put together. I know it's narrowed down a lot, but please bear with me.In case you dont know what I mean by put together, I mean like the spinosaurus they have- you have to stick the arms on and everything.Thanks :)
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Try MB-CG's pieces..I think they all print whole ?

tyrantqueen

There are no Shapeways models that need putting together. Are you sure you're on the right site? www.shapeways.com

tyrantqueen

Btw, Shapeways don't accept cheques. Just saying.

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 28, 2013, 07:39:40 PM

I know. i'm going to the bank first.
What I need is certain models, not sculpters. :)
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Quotebut please bear with me.In case you dont know what I mean by put together, I mean like the spinosaurus they have- you have to stick the arms on and everything.Thanks
What's the link? I'm skeptical, because every Shapeways model I've ever ordered has never needed to be put together.

SBell

Quote from: alexeratops on December 28, 2013, 10:50:57 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 28, 2013, 07:39:40 PM

I know. i'm going to the bank first.
What I need is certain models, not sculpters. :)

The models on Shapeways are made by different sculptors.

And there are almost no models that require assembly like, say, a Dinotales figure or a resin kit. It could be done of course, but I'm not aware of any.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You might have to paint them...but that's it.

tyrantqueen

Maybe he's getting a Shapeways Spinosaurus confused with David Krentz 1/40 Spinosaurus Saurozoic model kit?

Here's the master copy of David Krentz's kit:

Here's the digital model of DK's kit:

And here's Manuel Bejarano's Spinosaurus model, printed via Shapeways:

Yes, they do look a bit similar, so it's understandable that someone would confuse them. However, Shapeways models do not need assembling. They are not model kits, they're made of sintered nylon, and there is no casting involved. Extrapolating this, perhaps he thought that DK Spino and MB Spino were one and the same, and that assembly applied to all Shapeways models?

Just a suggestion.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Perhaps.  Hopefully we've solved his problem.

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 29, 2013, 05:48:34 AM
Maybe he's getting a Shapeways Spinosaurus confused with David Krentz 1/40 Spinosaurus Saurozoic model kit?

Here's the master copy of David Krentz's kit:

Here's the digital model of DK's kit:

And here's Manuel Bejarano's Spinosaurus model, printed via Shapeways:

Yes, they do look a bit similar, so it's understandable that someone would confuse them. However, Shapeways models do not need assembling. They are not model kits, they're made of sintered nylon, and there is no casting involved. Extrapolating this, perhaps he thought that DK Spino and MB Spino were one and the same, and that assembly applied to all Shapeways models?

Just a suggestion.

Exactly, thats what I was thinking.
like a bantha!

alexeratops

Come on now I NEED SUGGESTIONS! PLEASE!
like a bantha!

amargasaurus cazaui

I am very fond of the Herrerasaurus done by MB,the Psittacosaurus models by Aaron Doyle,and the Amargasaurus models done by Gorgonzola. MB has also done a very unique and seldom found model Yinlong, Aaron has a few gorgeous Pterosaurs, and Gorgonzola has done a great set of Cryolophosaurus. I own these models myself and was quite happy with them.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 29, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 29, 2013, 10:14:30 PM
Suggestions for what?

Perhaps--don't use capital letters like that, it's rude?

Or more likely, clarity is key to receiving the answers you seek.

I think those suggestions will be a good start! ;D

Now what do you actually want from us? Politely now, no need for shouting.

alexeratops

Quote from: SBell on December 29, 2013, 10:28:12 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 29, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 29, 2013, 10:14:30 PM
Suggestions for what?

Perhaps--don't use capital letters like that, it's rude?

Or more likely, clarity is key to receiving the answers you seek.

I think those suggestions will be a good start! ;D

Now what do you actually want from us? Politely now, no need for shouting.

Sorry. :-\
Refer to the first post, minus the put together part. :)
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just buy what you like bud..browse around til something catches your eye. :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.