News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T. gurneyi

Started by verinnius, March 06, 2014, 05:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I saw this around and kept thinking " that's not new " and we've seen Torvosaurus for a while..but this is a new species from the overview I guess ?

Horridus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 06, 2014, 06:20:41 PM
I saw this around and kept thinking " that's not new " and we've seen Torvosaurus for a while..but this is a new species from the overview I guess ?
It's the creation of a new species based on the re-examination of specimens formerly assigned to T. tanneri. If only Adam could've got this kind of hype when he (co-)named Meyerasaurus. ;) Still, it's cool stuff.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

tyrantqueen

Was it named after James Gurney, the creator of Dinotopia? Oops, didn't see that part in the article ::)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.