News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 - A Year of Paleontology

Started by Balaur, December 20, 2013, 01:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your most intresting/shocking paleontological find this year?

Deinocheirus Body Found
Edmontosaurus Crest
Tsintaosaurus Crest
Acrovenator
Siats
Lythronax
New Teratophoneus Material
New Evidence of Herbivorous Gastornis
Brasilotitan
Baby Parasaurolophus Found
Giant Platypus from Australia
Aurornis
Thalattoarchon
Helicoprion Reclassified
Eosinopteryx
Walking with Dinosaurs movie was a let down.
Balaur reclassified as avialan
Other (specify in comments)

Balaur

Following from last years 2012 thread, here, we discuss our favourite discoveries in paleontology this year, except this time we will have a poll so you can vote. I hope to encourage a lot of discussion here.

Yutyrannus

Don't forget to add that Balaur was re-classified as an avialan :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 20, 2013, 01:46:19 AM

It was? I must have forgotten that. I'll ad that now. :)

Also, how do I make it so people can vote for multiple items?

Yutyrannus

I do not know, I haven't made many polls but the ones that I have made were one option only :-\. Try asking Dinotoyforum.

HD-man

Quote from: Balaur on December 20, 2013, 01:47:19 AMIt was? I must have forgotten that. I'll ad that now. :)

You should add an "Other" option for any finds you may have forgotten.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Balaur on December 20, 2013, 01:47:19 AM

You have to go to edit poll and at the bottom there is a little box you can enter in the number of votes you want to  give each member.

i set it for 3 and reset the poll for you.

Balaur

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 20, 2013, 07:15:11 AM

You have to go to edit poll and at the bottom there is a little box you can enter in the number of votes you want to  give each member.

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Balaur on December 20, 2013, 07:50:56 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 20, 2013, 07:15:11 AM

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Very welcome.

tyrantqueen

I chose Deinocheirus' body being found. I wanted to vote for the WWD3D movie being a let down as well, but since I wasn't really surprised by its failure, I didn't choose it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2013, 12:51:44 AM
I chose Deinocheirus' body being found. I wanted to vote for the WWD3D movie being a let down as well, but since I wasn't really surprised by its failure, I didn't choose it.

That had to be the biggest news item..in..well..a really long time  to be honest. I know I've always wondered about Deinocheirus since I was a kid.

ZoPteryx

I voted for the Deinocheirus body (though that info hasn't technically been published yet), the Edmontosaurus crest which was really surprising, and Aurornis.

Also, this has got to be the year of the oviraptorosaurs, 6 new genera described (granted one was announced last year)!

Yutyrannus

I voted for Edmontosaurus' crest, herbivorous Gastornis, and Balaur being reclassified.

Splonkadumpocus

Lythronax and Siats together made for a great discovery; now we're closer to finding the point where tyrannosaurs replaced carnosaurs as the top predators in North America.

Gwangi

The discovery of more material for Deinocheirus makes my list for sure. I also voted for the Edmontosaurus crest and the baby Parasaurolophus. The fossil of that little guy is fantastic.

Splonkadumpocus

My votes were for Deinocheirus body (resolved a longstanding mystery), Helicoprion reclassified (ditto, especially with regards to tooth whorl location) and baby Parasaurolophus (d'awwwww). There was also a really complete baby Chasmosaurus but that wasn't on there.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.