News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sciurumimus: An Age of Reptiles Special (The Ballad of Otto)

Started by Balaur, November 18, 2013, 10:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Instead of making a movie, I decided to make a special on Otto, a bit like The Ballad of Big Al, hence similar titles. So, expect some stuff soon.

Yutyrannus

Do the pictures you posted and the plot you posted still go with this? Anyway, I think it will work better as a special. Good luck :)!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 19, 2013, 02:44:33 AM
Do the pictures you posted and the plot you posted still go with this? Anyway, I think it will work better as a special. Good luck :)!

Thanks! The plot I posted will not go with this, and I will only use the Rhamphorhynchus picture for the special. I'll redo baby Otto. Also, Otto is the only dinosaur or animal with a name. It will be very much like Big Al, but the storyline will be slightly different.

Yutyrannus

Ok, I'll delete that picture from my Age of Reptiles folder :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 19, 2013, 02:58:39 AM
Ok, I'll delete that picture from my Age of Reptiles folder :).

You have an Age of Reptiles folder? Well, I do have a folder of thenpictures for your series. ;)

Also, expect the Alexornis in the special to be very different from the movie. In fact, none of the animals will look like those in WWD3D.

Yutyrannus

Can't wait to see your Alexornis! Also, thanks for liking my series enough to make a folder of the pictures!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 19, 2013, 03:05:49 AM
Can't wait to see your Alexornis! Also, thanks for liking my series enough to make a folder of the pictures!

Your welcome!

Balaur

I have a new list of creatures for the special.

Sciurumimus
Rhamphorhynchus
Anurognathus
Ophthalmosaurus
Europasaurus
Miragaia
Pliosaurus
Mesolimulus
Ammonite

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Otto is the nickname given to the Sciurumimus fossil by the internet. Otto died when he was a baby. In my series, this is a different Otto, who lives through the Jurassic until an event happens in his adult life. I draw many elements from Big Al, and from WWD's Cruel Sea. Also, I am currently working on the story.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

When will you post more pictures for this? Also, have you finished writing the plot?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 28, 2013, 07:16:33 PM
When will you post more pictures for this? Also, have you finished writing the plot?

I will try to draw Otto tonight, if I feel motivated. I haven't gotten far in the plot yet. I'm not sure when I will finish it.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Yes, I am actually writing the story today, and it will be kind of depressing.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 28, 2014, 09:38:31 PM
Yes, I am actually writing the story today, and it will be kind of depressing.
Oh, well I still can't wait to read it. I'm also part way through writing Ocean Wonders.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.