You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dungeons & Dragons - Which Ceratopsian?

Started by Ridureyu, February 18, 2014, 05:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

To make a long story short, a new edition of D&D is coming out soon (5 editions in forty years!).  With the playtest material that they have released, I noticed that the Druid class's "Wild Shape' (animal transformation) feature changes the animal based on level, with tougher animals showing up the stronger you are.  And what is one of his really high-level transformations?

A Triceratops.

But you know, I can't just let things be.  The stats won't change, but... I can't just become a triceratops!  So, which Ceratopsian should I be if I play a druid? Xenoceratops?  Styracosaurus?  Pentaceratops?  Diabloceratops?  Pachyrhinosaurus?

Splonkadumpocus

Considering a number of the aforementioned ceratopsians aren't as large as Triceratops, you could potentially get a Styracosaurus or a Diabloceratops at a lower level than the Triceratops. You'd need to scale it back a bit though.

Ridureyu

Nah, that's only if we care to restat.  D&D is based on playing fast and loose with things, so it'll end up just being a reskin of the same beast, for flavor sake.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.