You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My latest build...Dilophosaurus from Creative Beast Studio.

Started by ningoth4, March 06, 2014, 01:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ningoth4

This is my newest build. It is my second prehistoric animal build. It is Dilophosaurus from Creative Beast Studio sculpted by David Silva. I used skin stamps to rework the areas where parts were put together. And, I installed glass eyes. I fretted over the paint scheme for quite some time. After studying some alligators and ceratin lizards I finally decided. I knew the green scheme might be a toughy but wanted the challenge. I hope you like it! :)

Kevin

tyrantqueen

Great work on this awesome sculpt :) I like how the dry brushing accentuates the musculature.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I love it- the model, first of all, but also the daring and striking color choice!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

I already commented on fb but my opinion is the same, great work and a bold color choice you made work for it !

Everything_Dinosaur

It's a great model, one that you have taken a great deal of care over. Love the attention to detail.

ningoth4

Thank you tyrantqueen. :) The shading is a combination of airbrush, chalks, drybrushing, and washes. This thing ended up being layers deep. When I first shot the base colors I was sitting there thinking this looks like a cartoon...what have I done!?! LOL But eventually it seems to have all come together. :)

Kevin 

ningoth4

Thank you Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus. :) Much appreciated.

Kevin

ningoth4

Thanks again! I told the wife about your dinosaur park. Told her I want to find a way to come down and see it one of these days! :)

Kevin

ningoth4

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ningoth4 on March 06, 2014, 05:59:21 PM
Thanks again! I told the wife about your dinosaur park. Told her I want to find a way to come down and see it one of these days! :)

Kevin

Cool ! I hope you guys get to ! Be sure to let me know and I'll make sure I'm around when you come by. :)