News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Has anyone ever issued a Phytosaur?

Started by Don B., October 26, 2015, 07:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don B.

Such as Rutiodon, Smilosuchus, Pravusuchus, Machaeroprosopus or Leptosuchus among others?

Seems like that would be an area that hasn't been tapped.

Chad

There's a rutiodon in the Dinotales set and in Safari's crocodylian tube. QRF--a gaming company--makes a phytosaur but, honestly, it's not very good. I'd LOVE to see more of these kind of animals but I can't really see much hope that anyone will do it. Ah well.

Jetoar

I could do it a phytosaurs if anyone  who cares it  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

EarthboundEiniosaurus

I remember when I first saw the Dinotales Rutiodon I though it was a repainted safari toobs one :P They are very similar, and I'd be interested to see any company attempt a phytosaur in a more dynamic pose.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Jetoar on October 26, 2015, 09:42:08 PM
I could do it a phytosaurs if anyone  who cares it  ^-^.

I would like to see that. The Dinotales and Toob versions aren't bad, but I'd like a max-size Machaeroprosopus in about 1:40. Afraid I'm not aware of any phytosaurs beyond the ones already mentioned. Wouldn't surprise me if there were some resins out there, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

If the current crocodiles among children, it makes sense that pytosaur to do for the simple reason that are similar to crocodiles, and would have my honest view successful sales among children are sold.

In what refers to collectors is discounted

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Don B. on October 26, 2015, 07:17:18 PM
Such as Rutiodon, Smilosuchus, Pravusuchus, Machaeroprosopus or Leptosuchus among others?

Seems like that would be an area that hasn't been tapped.

Hello.
Someone here commented that Papo gharial can pass as a Phytosaur.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

AcroSauroTaurus

The only phytosaurs I have. (Proterosuchus is in the photo for no reason...)

Figures:
Safari Ltd. Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob Proterosuchus
Safari Ltd. Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob Machaeroprosopus
I am the Dinosaur King!

SBell

Brandon has made a really nice Mystriosuchus as part of his Obscurus line.

I sell them in my store, https://faunafigures.com/product/obscurus-mystriosuchus/ and Dan's Diunosaurs has them too.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gwangi

I don't have any suggestions to add, but I really wish they didn't make these thinks look so crocodilian.  :-\

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on October 13, 2018, 12:40:24 AM
I don't have any suggestions to add, but I really wish they didn't make these thinks look so crocodilian.  :-\

You mean in terms of the color schemes?

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 13, 2018, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 13, 2018, 12:40:24 AM

You mean in terms of the color schemes?

Well that's one thing, and I realize that they probably looked very crocodilian but certainly not enough for a gharial to be used as a stand-in. But I don't know too much about phytosaurs anyway. I know they had bony plates along their back but is there evidence for the tail scutes too? Like on that favorite model?

Halichoeres

They had tail scutes (https://ttu-ir.tdl.org/bitstream/handle/2346/16514/31295013300354.pdf), but I don't know whether they looked all pointy like crocodile ones do. Good question.

eion129

I don't have new suggestions and would like to share our latest information.
I am a Dinosaur Fan and my favorite is T Rex. Want to make friends with T Rex lovers.

https://luckytoy.ecrater.com/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.