News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:20 Deinotherium kit

Started by mammoth, January 19, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mammoth

I recently received this 1:20 scale deinotherium kit sculpted by the talented Feng Shan Lu of Mountain's Animal Studio.  It is a huge kit measuring 10.5 in tall at the highest point, the trunk tip, it is also very heavy.  The sculpting is superb and the reconstruction of this species is one of the best I've seen available for sale.

The model comes in eight pieces, you get two trunk variations with one short as shown and one longer like a regular elephant's. 
I just assembled the pieces today, the yellow areas are epoxy putty, I will prime it then paint when everything dries.

Here is the model next to the Eofauna 1:48 scale deinotherium, which is also excellent.

Paleogene Pals

OK, OK, Fine!  I'm ordering mine today! I can't stand holding out on this anymore!   >:(

mammoth

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on January 19, 2014, 03:14:31 PM
OK, OK, Fine!  I'm ordering mine today! I can't stand holding out on this anymore!   >:(

I'm sure you'll enjoy this model if you get one for yourself, I was just shocked at how large the model was when I opened the package.

Paleogene Pals

Just ordered it today!  ;D  And, I preordered his Protoceratops.  I have his Styracosaurus and Centrosaurus; his ceratopsians...awesome!  8)

caspakian

You should purchase his 1/20 African Bull Elephant also. The Deinotherium and the African Elephant look great next to each other!!!

mammoth

Quote from: caspakian on March 12, 2014, 02:16:22 AM
You should purchase his 1/20 African Bull Elephant also. The Deinotherium and the African Elephant look great next to each other!!!

Hi,

Yes I have that great model too!  Along with some Paleocraft proboscideans, and the six Eofauna models.

caspakian

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I see you already painted the Deinotherium!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

mammoth

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 15, 2014, 04:15:07 AM
I see you already painted the Deinotherium!

Hi, not painted yet just has grey primer applied!  I'm not sure if I will paint it as I like the neutral look of the grey, will see.

caspakian

We need an Asian bull elephant and a Columbian mammoth to add to this group!!!

postsaurischian

You have an awesome Proboscidea collection!
I only have the Sean Cooper Mammoth, so now I can see how huge the Deinotherium is :o.
:) It's wonderful, congrats!

Paleogene Pals

Got the Deinotherium a few weeks ago. Awesome, large kit. I'll take pics once I get it assembled and primed. In contrast, I received Lu Feng Shan's Protoceratops in the mail yesterday, one of my tinier kits but cute! ^-^

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.