News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Precambrian figures?

Started by Darwinian, April 25, 2012, 04:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwinian

I remember about a year ago someone showed a set of PC figures which I believe were from a canadian museum. Does anyone remember where they were from or know if they are still available?

SBell

Quote from: Darwinian on April 25, 2012, 04:18:15 AM
I remember about a year ago someone showed a set of PC figures which I believe were from a canadian museum. Does anyone remember where they were from or know if they are still available?

They are not Precambrian, they are Burgess Shale (Cambrian) figures. They were produced by the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) and you can still buy the set directly from their store.

Thagirion

Oh awesome. I'm so glad to hear this.  The Cambrian fauna is one of my favorites. I hope they're well made and accurate.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

stemturtle

Quote from: Thagirion on April 25, 2012, 02:53:04 PM
Oh awesome. I'm so glad to hear this.  The Cambrian fauna is one of my favorites. I hope they're well made and accurate.

Thagirion, the models are more like toys than like Kaiyodo quality.  I scanned the sheet  than came with the Primeval Predators, but had to crop it.  Fossils are shown with the toys.  This set is special to me because it got me started on collecting figures 10 years ago.
Royal Ontario Museum Online Store link:  http://enssc.com/?store=525
See Merchanise / ROM Reproductions.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Thagirion

Of course I would love to see quality, but Cambrian stuff is so rare out there. Ha, they even put in a Pikaia.  Wish they'd make one of Amiskiwa. I love that little worm.  Yeah, I do want these now.

Darwinian

Quote from: SBell on April 25, 2012, 02:10:03 PM
Quote from: Darwinian on April 25, 2012, 04:18:15 AM

They are not Precambrian, they are Burgess Shale (Cambrian) figures. They were produced by the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) and you can still buy the set directly from their store.

Thanks for the correction. Shouldn't post when running on fumes.

How large are the figures?

**update**

HOLY CRAP! Its $40 shipping!

Thagirion

It is? That's crazy. That brings the total to $80. Ouch.  A group order might be wise to do then. You know get enough people to buy a bunch to split the shipping. Sigh, I won't be able to do that for a while.

deanm

Quote from: Thagirion on April 26, 2012, 02:02:11 AM
It is? That's crazy. That brings the total to $80. Ouch.  A group order might be wise to do then. You know get enough people to buy a bunch to split the shipping. Sigh, I won't be able to do that for a while.

I live near Toronto. I'll pop you a message the next time I'm going down to the ROM (we go about once every three months - but there is a special exhibit coming in late June (South American Dinos) - so I expect I will be going there more than once...

Postage would be at cost - not silly like museum.

Thagirion

Darwinian

Quote from: deanm on April 26, 2012, 03:07:08 AM
Quote from: Thagirion on April 26, 2012, 02:02:11 AM

I live near Toronto. I'll pop you a message the next time I'm going down to the ROM (we go about once every three months - but there is a special exhibit coming in late June (South American Dinos) - so I expect I will be going there more than once...

Postage would be at cost - not silly like museum.

That would be fabulous. I'm willing to pay upfront if you can snag me a set.