News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SVP annual meeting, Berlin

Started by DinoToyForum, September 14, 2014, 12:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

It's going to be expensive, but the meeting doesn't often take place in Europe, so I'm attending. Anyone else going? We could have a dinotoyforum meet up in Berlin, if not at the conference, somewhere else. I'd like to finally meet some of our German friends in person!

http://vertpaleo.org/Annual-Meeting/Home.aspx

DinoLord

It's too far for me but looks like an awesome location. How much do these cost for non-SVP members?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoLord on September 14, 2014, 12:53:30 AM
It's too far for me but looks like an awesome location. How much do these cost for non-SVP members?

Too much, several hundred I think, and that's just conference fees. Then there's accommodation and travel and so on.

But, maybe some of our local forum members could get together one evening in a pub/bar?

DinoToyForum

So, will I not run into any DTF members in Berlin next week? Even if not at the meeting itself then perhaps for beers one evening?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 01, 2014, 11:03:29 AM
So, will I not run into any DTF members in Berlin next week? Even if not at the meeting itself then perhaps for beers one evening?
Dr admin if the meeting is anywhere near that museum , is there any way you could get some really good pictures of their premier specimen..the Giraffatitan, especially its vert column? That would be divine
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Arul

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: ARUL on November 01, 2014, 11:58:53 AM
Im sorry what is SVP ?  :-[
Society of Vertebrae Paleontology annual meeting
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Wish I could go, I would get a Brachiosaurus signed by Michael Taylor, and look for others that I could get addresses to have figures signed...I would be in heaven!!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 01, 2014, 11:10:51 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 01, 2014, 11:03:29 AM
Dr admin if the meeting is anywhere near that museum , is there any way you could get some really good pictures of their premier specimen..the Giraffatitan, especially its vert column? That would be divine

The meeting itself is at a conference centre some distance from the museum but I'll make sure I visit the Brachiosaurus and I'll do my best to take good photographs!  :)

DinoToyForum

It was a good meeting!

Here are some photos, mostly taken at the welcome evening event at the museum.

Nizar Ibrahim (author of the recent Spinosaurus paper) and Palaeoartist Bob Nicholls.

Me and a Dilophosaurus by APPI

Hirokazu Tokugawa brought along one of his Favorite Co Ltd figures...

Palaeoartist Luis Rey

Arul

What a great event :D most of indonesian people favs (in knowledge) is archeology or studying about the fossil of caveman...

Manatee

I love the giant phytosaur head!

Chad

Palaeocast.com has a lot of interviews with scientists at this meeting for anyone interested.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.palaeocast.com/the-society-of-vertebrate-paleontology-2014/

Doug Watson

Great photos Dr. Admin, thank you for sharing.

docronnie

Thanks a lot for sharing! What an exciting conference. :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoToyForum

amargasaurus cazaui

Awesome shots of the brachiosaurus, that thing is just stunning, thanks so much for rememering my request. I love looking at this specimen and I am so glad it was in storage during the war when the great hall was destroyed

HD-man

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 16, 2014, 04:16:01 PMPalaeoartist Luis Rey

1stly, many thanks for posting your pics.

2ndly, I have 2 questions about the above pic:
-What species is Rey holding a model of?
-Directly below the Deinonychus/Tenontosaurus pic, is that an updated version of "The Raptors Big Family" ( http://www.luisrey.ndtilda.co.uk/jpegs/256col/raptorf.gif ) & if so, when/where can we see it bigger/more clearly?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

DinoToyForum

@hd-man I was waiting for someone to ask about the figure, I'm surprised it didn't come up sooner! I will review it on the dinotoyblog soon, so I won't go into detail here, other than to say it's from a bespoke line (not by Rey) called 'Foamisaurus'.

As for the artwork, I'm not sure.

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 22, 2014, 11:33:44 AM
I was waiting for someone to ask about the figure, I'm surprised it didn't come up sooner! I will review it on the dinotoyblog soon, so I won't go into detail here, other than to say it's from a bespoke line (not by Rey) called 'Foamisaurus'.

:o I didn't look close enough. It looks very promising :D. 'Foamisaurus'? Argh! What is it? Please hurry with the review ;D ;D!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: