News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

drawings

Started by thunderlizard?, July 05, 2014, 10:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderlizard?

Hello everyone.  I'm new to the forum.  I thought I'd submit some of my drawings.  I try to be as anatomically correct as my skill and laziness allow.  Please leave feedback.  I was particularly curious about the triceratops and rex. 
-I've been seeing a lot of ceratopsians with spikes or spines, is this a recent discovery?
-For rex, is the dewclaw on the inside or outside (is that medial or lateral?) of the foot.
-What about feathers? Is there any evidence of crests on theropods, was there a pattern to the feathering or just all over?
- Do all therpods have dewclaws?

Gwangi

Not bad, I especially like the Spinosaurus head in the second drawing you posted. I notice some proportional/anatomical issues on some of them though. Like that last raptor you posted (which should be fully feathered like a bird) the pubis bone should be between the legs, not at the base of the tail. I suggest referring to some skeletal drawings as reference. Check out Scott Hartmans page for those. http://www.skeletaldrawing.com/

Here is an example. Notice where the pubis is in relation to the legs and tail. This is Deinonychus.

DinoToyForum

Nice work. To answer one of your questions the 'dewclaw', actually the hallux, is on the inside. It is the first digit of the foot, homologous to our big toe  :)

thunderlizard?

Cool, I thought it was inside.  Thanks for that website!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.