News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:20 Struthiosaurus austriacus - tiny model!

Started by fabricious, May 16, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

Alright folks, since I started this tiny piece (about 10cm in length) after finishing my Albertosaurus, I figured I might as well put it into a new thread. Here are the first two pictures of the finished body, currently I am working on the hind legs. This is VERY speculative, since there have only a few bone pieces been found of this small nodosaur. It is the only dinosaur ever to be found in Austria (where I live), so I felt like doing a little project dedicated to 'my' country. :)

I looked at some skeletal reconstructions of Europelta for the body and spikes. Hopefully this seems about right.

Greetings,
Fabrizio

fabricious

Here are some pictures of the first leg. I kind of like it, working in such a small scale is pretty challenging.

I especially like how the back of the leg turned out so far. It looks like a moving animal to me. Other opinions? :)

Yutyrannus

Very cool! I'll see if I can find any references that could help with this sculpt.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

fabricious

Chad

Paleogene Pals

fabricious

fabricious

EmperorDinobot

Oh boy! A Struthiosaurus! I kinda want this model, when it's finished of course.

fabricious

I hope to be able to finish it some time soon, to get it off my list. I'll sure post some updates, once that happens!

Paleogene Pals

Will it be for sale, and, if so, how much?

fabricious

I have not yet been able to finish it (sadly), I'll let you know whether I'll be making it available. :)

Paleogene Pals

Hey, I know the feeling. I have so many unfinished projects. Just not enough time to do everything.  :'(

fabricious

Yup, and there's always this lack of enough materials. New ones should finally arrive next week, then I can maybe finish some stuff, at last.

Alexxitator

Wow this is a great project! Looks really good.
I so understand why you'd want your country represented in the models-world.
Here in Holland there are some bonefragmens found of Orthomerus (nomen dubia/hadrosaurid) and Betasuchus (possible tyrannosauroïd). A model of either would be so great to work on.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.