News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Documentary: Jurassic Toy

Started by Victoria's Cantina, June 27, 2016, 06:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria's Cantina

Hi everyone,

If you follow me on social media you are no doubt already aware of this project, but I wanted to create a thread dedicated to it in order to share occasional updates regarding the production.  This is easily my most ambitious project yet and I am very excited about it! 

Toy documentary to examine historical and cultural impact of Kenner Jurassic Park toy line

JUNE 16, 2016 – Victoria's Cantina Productions is proud to announce JURASSIC TOY – THE IMPACT OF KENNER'S JURASSIC PARK LINE.  This collaborative documentary will explore the storied history of the brainchild between defunct toy company Kenner and Universal Studios Licensing.  Kenner, once the world's industry-leading toy company behind Star Wars, Super Powers Collection and Ghostbusters, broke new ground with their Jurassic Park product line in 1993.  The cultural impact left by this line is vast and nostalgically looked upon by millennials who once created their own adventures with Kenner's man-versus-dinosaur lineup.  To augment its historical and cultural perspective, JURASSIC TOY will feature testimony from ex-Kenner employees, select cast and crew from the Jurassic Park films, toy industry experts and the Jurassic Park fan community that keeps the memory of this storied toy line living.  JURASSIC TOY is scheduled for release in 2017.

Victoria's Cantina Productions is a San Diego-based media production company that specializes in toy and collectible reviews across a varied spectrum of properties, franchises and companies.

DakotaDinos

Quote from: Victoria B on June 27, 2016, 06:05:13 AM
Hi everyone,

If you follow me on social media you are no doubt already aware of this project, but I wanted to create a thread dedicated to it in order to share occasional updates regarding the production.  This is easily my most ambitious project yet and I am very excited about it! 

Toy documentary to examine historical and cultural impact of Kenner Jurassic Park toy line

JUNE 16, 2016 – Victoria's Cantina Productions is proud to announce JURASSIC TOY – THE IMPACT OF KENNER'S JURASSIC PARK LINE.  This collaborative documentary will explore the storied history of the brainchild between defunct toy company Kenner and Universal Studios Licensing.  Kenner, once the world's industry-leading toy company behind Star Wars, Super Powers Collection and Ghostbusters, broke new ground with their Jurassic Park product line in 1993.  The cultural impact left by this line is vast and nostalgically looked upon by millennials who once created their own adventures with Kenner's man-versus-dinosaur lineup.  To augment its historical and cultural perspective, JURASSIC TOY will feature testimony from ex-Kenner employees, select cast and crew from the Jurassic Park films, toy industry experts and the Jurassic Park fan community that keeps the memory of this storied toy line living.  JURASSIC TOY is scheduled for release in 2017.

Victoria's Cantina Productions is a San Diego-based media production company that specializes in toy and collectible reviews across a varied spectrum of properties, franchises and companies.

How is this progressing Victoria?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.