News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about paleocraft thylacosmilus

Started by Neven Florian, July 13, 2014, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neven Florian

Hello guys,

I would like to buy certainly the thylacosmilus but I would like to know how many pieces we must glue and if the beast is glued with the pedestal, how I can assemble the pieces (with which kind of glue) and I would like to know if the figure isn't hollow inside (Is this one well like sideshow about the material? ...and what's the exact weight).

Can you also say me what is the easiest figure to assemble and paint between the thylacoleo and thylacosmilus (both paleocraft)

Please , can you help me with that ? :)

Thanks for your next answers

postsaurischian

All Paleocraft models are full resin figures, not hollow.
The models are never glued with the base and all the ones I have were easy to assemble. In most cases only the tail or a horn had to be assembled (any kind of super glue should be okay).
The cats though are a bit more complicated, but really just a bit:

Thylacosmilus: 4 parts (body, 1 single leg, tail & base)
Thylacoleo: 6 parts (body, 3 x legs, tail & tree trunk)

So it looks as if the Thylacosmilus was the easier model to assemble.

Neven Florian

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 14, 2014, 08:12:25 AM
All Paleocraft models are full resin figures, not hollow.
The models are never glued with the base and all the ones I have were easy to assemble. In most cases only the tail or a horn had to be assembled (any kind of super glue should be okay).
The cats though are a bit more complicated, but really just a bit:

Thylacosmilus: 4 parts (body, 1 single leg, tail & base)
Thylacoleo: 6 parts (body, 3 x legs, tail & tree trunk)

So it looks as if the Thylacosmilus was the easier model to assemble.

Thanks a lot for these informations :) :)

ataraxus

the thylacosmilus and the base is one cast, one piece.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.