News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New sauropod discovered

Started by tyrantqueen, May 17, 2014, 12:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Quote from: Wellnhoferia on September 06, 2014, 06:23:29 PM
Makes me think that perhaps the size of amphicoelias may not have been exaggerated as much as it's believed when compared to the size of this sauropod..
Well, we only have one fossil of Amphicoelias, and it has been destroyed, so it is hard to say for certain. I'll be patient until more Amphicoelias are found. For now, these two giants are the biggest dinosaurs.

Tyto_Theropod

Balaur, I'm sorry that I made such a stupid mistake but thank you for pointing it out to me, as I've now checked and confirmed that these are in fact two different discoveries. I thought I'd checked and made sure it was the same animal but obviously it wasn't. I was honestly a little surprised that they'd taken such a short time to fully analyse the material for naming. Now I really do feel like the school dunce!  :-[
Still, I think Dreadnoughtus deserves to be discussed, so I'll create a new thread (unless DTF would be kind enough to move what's been said so far ;))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

tyrantqueen

deanm

Tyrant queen, 

Actually he's a Vulcan and is "live long and prospering"  >:D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.