News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo Dinoland Chasmosaurus

Started by Debmeister, July 23, 2014, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debmeister

I'm looking for the Kaiyodo Dinoland 1/20 Chasmosaurus - either the pre-made vinyl or the kit. Anyone have one to sell?

tyrantqueen

There was one on Yahoo Japan auctions but the auction ended a day or so ago. I can't remember if it sold but if it didn't the seller may relist. They have been selling some other discontinued Dinolands as well. However, buying from Japan will require the use of a proxy service which bumps up the price a little.

Debmeister

Yes, that auction ended this morning and I was outbid. I went through jauce.com for the auction and set my price well above that of the highest bidder. However, unlike the ebay that I'm familiar with, jauce.com didn't automatically up my bid to beat the competitors. Because of the time difference, I was on the road (driving to work) when the auction ended and wasn't able to check in on it. Felt pretty bummed out when I saw that I was beaten by only 50 yen.  :(

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Debmeister on July 23, 2014, 06:49:55 PM
Yes, that auction ended this morning and I was outbid. I went through jauce.com for the auction and set my price well above that of the highest bidder. However, unlike the ebay that I'm familiar with, jauce.com didn't automatically up my bid to beat the competitors. Because of the time difference, I was on the road (driving to work) when the auction ended and wasn't able to check in on it. Felt pretty bummed out when I saw that I was beaten by only 50 yen.  :(
Ah...I won't be using Jauce anytime in the future then. I actually use Buyee, which does bid automatically for you.

Debmeister

In all honesty, it was probably my fault. It was my first time using the site and I most likely didn't set it properly, to automatically bid. Oh well... live and learn. I'm hoping that another one will show up in the near future.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Debmeister on July 24, 2014, 05:31:11 PM
In all honesty, it was probably my fault. It was my first time using the site and I most likely didn't set it properly, to automatically bid. Oh well... live and learn. I'm hoping that another one will show up in the near future.
In my experience they usually do...right when you don't have the cash to purchase them :-[

Debmeister

I'm also on the hunt for the Kaiyodo 1:20 Parasaurolophus. Anyone wishing to part with one (I'm certain that I'll have few takers), please let me know.

Debmeister

OK, the more 1/20 Kaiyodos that I see, the more I want! I'm adding the Saltasaurus to my search. It's amazing!

brettnj

If interested, please check the thread I started about my obtaining figures for buyers on YAJ.

Debmeister

I use Jauce (and am finally getting the hang of it). Haven't seen any good Kaiyodo's lately though. They do have the Kazunari Araki 1/20 Triceratops, but I'm not the biggest fan of that model. I love the head, but that Trike's just too much "junk in the trunk" for my tastes. Now the Anchiceratops and the Chasmosaurus are another story!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Debmeister on September 04, 2014, 06:33:25 PM
I use Jauce (and am finally getting the hang of it). Haven't seen any good Kaiyodo's lately though. They do have the Kazunari Araki 1/20 Triceratops, but I'm not the biggest fan of that model. I love the head, but that Trike's just too much "junk in the trunk" for my tastes. Now the Anchiceratops and the Chasmosaurus are another story!
Monstrositiesinc was on eBay selling the Anchiceratops premade a while ago, as well as the Parasaurolophus premade and several others. I got my Anchi and Elasmo from them. And unlike a lot of eBay sellers, their prices are actually reasonable. They've gone back on hiatus again, though :-\

brettnj

My point in telling you is that I can do better than you'd do on Jauce.  But no worries.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.