News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

J_dubs97's photos

Started by J_dubs97, June 13, 2014, 01:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_dubs97

[img]img_20140612_183641/img

Libraraptor

SpittersForEver

tyrantqueen

I think he was trying to post an image. I made a tutorial if you are having trouble posting images, see here:

Quote from: Logo7 on March 25, 2014, 12:27:36 AM
I've read the instructions and I still don't understand how to put a photo in a post. Could somebody please help me a little more on the subject?

Sign up for a image hosting website that will host your images online for you. Some good, free examples are photobucket.com and Google Picasa web albums.

When you have uploaded an image from your PC to the image host (I'm assuming you know how to do that- if you don't, please let me know and I can explain it as well) go to image you want to use, and right click on it. I will use the Papo Tyrannosaurus rex here as an example, even though the image does not belong to me, the process is the same:

The text I have outlined in red is what you need to click. When you have done that, minimise the window, since you don't need it for the next part.

Now, when you're back on the forum, navigate to the thread you want to post in, and hit the reply button.

In the white text box, in the lower left corner you should see a button with a painting of the Mona Lisa on it. Click on that button, and the image tags will appear in the text box.

Now, where the cursor is flashing by default, between the two tags, is where you want to paste the code you copied earlier. When you have pasted the code in, you should see something like this:

The code has been copied between the two [ img ] tags. Now click the preview button, and you will see what the image would look like if it was posted in the thread.

If you're happy with what you see, click reply and the image will appear on the forum post as it appears in the preview. You don't have to use the preview button, you could just click reply straight away, but I find it helpful for checking if the link is working or not.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. If you use photobucket, the method is slightly different because PB provides the tags for you, so you don't need to worry about using the Mona Lisa button.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.