News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tamiya Chasmosaurus diorama by Alexxitator

Started by Alexxitator, July 16, 2014, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

I am very happily making my own sculpts at the moment, and decided on someting else aswell
Chasmosaurus diorama
If this should be parked under "art" or other I'll happily relocate it.

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Blade-of-the-Moon

dutchdinolover

DC

I wish Tamiya would have done some more dinosaur kits.  I liked the idea of the joined bases.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Yes, it is kinda odd, given that the Brachio and Para had the same base.  Maybe they planned more Dinosaurs, presumbly Jurassic Dinosaurs to go with the Brachio. And a set with creatures including a juvenile Triceratops, since it is odd that this is the only kit where there is no juvenile in any form.
The old Aurora Modelkits have interlocking bases aswell.

As for the topic: Great Work!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Alexxitator

Thanks guys!
I actually got the taste for these and ordered the Parasaurolophus Diorama Set too. Aswell as the Velociraptors Pack and the Mesozoic Creatures from Tamiya aswell.
A great way to better my painting skills while actually using pretty nice models, instead of those horrible nameless Chinasaurs.
What are these? Japasaurs?  :o
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Alexxitator on July 17, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
Thanks guys!
I actually got the taste for these and ordered the Parasaurolophus Diorama Set too. Aswell as the Velociraptors Pack and the Mesozoic Creatures from Tamiya aswell.
A great way to better my painting skills while actually using pretty nice models, instead of those horrible nameless Chinasaurs.
What are these? Japasaurs?  :o
Tamiyasaurs sounds better.

Megalosaurus

Very nice job.
I'm currently waiting my own Tamiya Chasmosaurus kit.
I wish they continue to produce more dinosaur dioramas.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

pascosaur

the Chasmosaurus diorama, the parasaurolophus' and the T Rex diorama(s) have interlocking bases
which once assembled make a large base of 50 cm X 31.50 cm
I like these kits despite the ('little!) inaccuracies
[I have to confess I'm not very fan of the T Rex head with its big eyes, it's kind a look like Peter Lorre or Marty Feldman!!!]

How I wish they could add some more dinos for the Tendaguru/Morrisson fauna diorama (someting else than Dryosaurus and Archaeopteryx...)
but I stopped to wait!

pascosaur

How I wish they could add more dinos to the Tendaguru/Morrisson fauna

OOOps!

btw I know I'm late but great painting Alexxitator

Alexxitator

That's fine ^^ no need to apologise for resurrecting this topic. I'm still proud of the work :-)
I still have two more boxes waiting for assemblage. The Parasaurolophus and mesozoic creatures sets
Even though somewhat outdated they are still great figures.
-Charles Darwin-

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.