News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Brachiosaur scene in JP movie

Started by Arul, October 17, 2014, 04:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Greetings :) i want to ask,in JP movie there is a scene where some people riding a boat in the river and meet the group of brachiosaur on their left side.which JP series it is ? 1 2 or 3 ? I forgot...thanks :)

Simon

Quote from: ARUL on October 17, 2014, 04:52:18 AM
Greetings :) i want to ask,in JP movie there is a scene where some people riding a boat in the river and meet the group of brachiosaur on their left side.which JP series it is ? 1 2 or 3 ? I forgot...thanks :)

Jurassic Park 3

Arul

Quote from: Simon on October 17, 2014, 05:24:02 AM
Quote from: ARUL on October 17, 2014, 04:52:18 AM

Jurassic Park 3

Ohh okay thank you :)

DinoToyForum

...and what a blubbery rubbery looking thing it is:

:D

fabricious

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 17, 2014, 08:43:53 AM
...and what a blubbery rubbery looking thing it is:

:D

I always thought the same thing, when I first saw the movie I was kind of confused, since I didn't even realize what animal this should be, haha.

Arul

Yes that scene :D thank you dr.admin.im looking for some inspiration for my next diorama :D

Gwangi

That thing looked just awful, most of the CGI dinosaurs did in fact. Funny how a 2001 sequel to a movie from 1993 can someone how lower the bar on the effects.

Patrx

Quote from: Gwangi on October 17, 2014, 12:14:30 PM
That thing looked just awful, most of the CGI dinosaurs did in fact. Funny how a 2001 sequel to a movie from 1993 can someone how lower the bar on the effects.

Well, the animatronics in JP3 were pretty darn amazing - but somehow the CGI just crashed and burned. Part of the brachiosaur sequence shows the animal's face getting close to the camera, and it is terrifyingly ugly.

fabricious

If I recall correctly: doesn't it have slit pupils as well? Very grotesque.

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on October 17, 2014, 03:18:54 PM

Well, the animatronics in JP3 were pretty darn amazing - but somehow the CGI just crashed and burned. Part of the brachiosaur sequence shows the animal's face getting close to the camera, and it is terrifyingly ugly.

Yes, the animatronics were quite good which is why I specifically mentioned CGI so as not to insinuate that the whole film looked bad. The view from the plane with all the dinosaurs running around is another really bad scene.

laticauda

Quote from: Gwangi on October 17, 2014, 06:44:18 PM
Quote from: Patrx on October 17, 2014, 03:18:54 PM

Yes, the animatronics were quite good which is why I specifically mentioned CGI so as not to insinuate that the whole film looked bad. The view from the plane with all the dinosaurs running around is another really bad scene.

In 1993 you were blown away by not just the Brachiosaur during the infamous,"welcome to Jurassic Park scene" but in almost every scene.  By JP3, The brachiosaur looked like they were trying to hard to make it look life like, with all the skin jiggling, it felt forced like the director and producer sat down and during filming and said," ok we need a dinosaur moment, what should we do? After a moment of silence, Don't worry we'll figure it out later!" and didn't put a lot of thought or energy on doing it right!

Hermes888

Poor CGI is one of the many, many reasons as to why I absolutely despise Jurassic Park III.

Roselaar

Yeah, this was a revamping that didn't work out, to say the least... :-/

Incidentally, looking at the picture above, the Sauropod in the back looks a lot different from the Brachiosaurus in the foreground. It appears to have a longer neck and tailm and the position of its back is different. Could this be an Apatosaurus/Diplodocus cameo we were (or at least I was) not aware off?

amargasaurus cazaui

Back right I would offer is mamenchisaurus....back left is seemingly Brachiosaurus with its neck straight
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Paleogene Pals

That brach looks like it has been in the water too long and got pruned up.  :P

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.