News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Chickenosaurus Embryo

Started by joossa, July 06, 2017, 04:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 04, 2018, 01:41:46 PMThe Tylosaurus fossil then is probably the worst they did. The concept is cool, but what's the point in making a fake fossil of something that should be over 10 meters long in reality? It is a scaled down fake fossil encased in some plastic that should resemble wood. Why not a 1:1 scale fake fossil in actual wood then? That would make some sense to me.

I think it is a classy and cute piece, especially the backlit f(x). I am trying to give my room a somewhat more museum-style decor and REBOR's oddities line certainly helps. Although, I realize you could probably get similar style pieces from other model and replica companies. I don't think REBOR is focusing less on their main dinosaur line. I think they simply got carried away with their line of Stan Winston style JP raptors and that slowed them down by a good amount.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 04, 2018, 03:56:14 PM
If I could switch the fates of Rebor and PNSO, I gladly would.

I think Eofauna has the potential to fill that particular niche (even Vitae, to a lesser extent). But they are relatively new, so their nascent dinosaur line will take a while to take off.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 05, 2018, 08:11:42 AM

I think Eofauna has the potential to fill that particular niche (even Vitae, to a lesser extent). But they are relatively new, so their nascent dinosaur line will take a while to take off.

I believe that there is a pessimism among the members of the forum, of which I am a participant, but on the other hand it is not understood how that company announces new projects. I hope it is not the same case of PNSO. It would be catastrophic for any collector who likes prehistoric animals.

Flaffy

I agree this is a rather pointless release by Rebor.
I know there is bound to a market for such things, but the main line should always take priority...
This is just wasting time and resources.

tyrantqueen

I agree.

Shonisaurus

The embryo of Rebor's dinosaur will be available soon in stores, I send you a link for every interested person,

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pcb.1524893214304348/1524879190972417/?type=3&theater

Minmiminime

They certainly know how to produce enticing packaging..! I'll probably pass on this one, but it's an intriguing novelty
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

I guess there's a market for such things, but I really don't like the derailed JP concept at all. Bring on the spitter and rex instead!

Shonisaurus

By the way at www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk it has been announced that The Rebor Oddities "Chickenosaurus" will be available shortly I pass the facebook link,

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/pcb.1851091111591428/1851088274925045/?type=3&theater

For everyone who is interested, he already knows where to buy this scoop from Rebor. It is expected to arrive this weekend.

Shonisaurus

Dyscrasia

Nice novelty item, but somewhat overpriced imo  :-[

Shonisaurus

The material is made of glass, it is very beautiful but I do not intend to buy it for that reason.  :-\

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.