News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Collection Smilodon

Started by Pachyallosaurus, December 30, 2017, 11:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyallosaurus

I know there are better Smilodon figures on the market, but for some reason, I really yearn for this one. Maybe it's the pose, or the retro aesthetic, or maybe it's the fact that I am a Carnegie collector. When ever I picture the figure in my mind, I think of it as a living animal, prowling the Pleistocene landscape with a red sunset in the background. I usually listen to this song while daydreaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR6mr-dDx4g

Pachyallosaurus

For some reason the video link is not appearing on the page. Sorry for that inconvenience.

Edit: the video is appearing fine. Also, anyone please feel free to post an image of the figure in their collections.

Joey

What is this topic exactly? Are you looking for that figure? Or are you just telling everyone that you daydream about a Carnegie figure. Not trying to be mean, just being curious.  ^-^

Edit: Also the video link appears on the page

Pachyallosaurus

Quote from: Joey on December 30, 2017, 11:44:59 PM
What is this topic exactly? Are you looking for that figure? Or are you just telling everyone that you daydream about a Carnegie figure. Not trying to be mean, just being curious.  ^-^

I actually created this topic to discuss everyone's thoughts on the figure itself. Members can discuss the accuracy of this figure, and their overall thoughts and opinions of it.

Lanthanotus

I just recently found out there's a Carnegie Smilodon cause Robin Goodfellows of this forum put together the whole collection. Surprisingly and quite luckily I got myself one for a fair price and it now stands right in front of me on my desk since two weeks. I also own the newer Safari Smilodon aswell as the Kaiyodo Dinotales one... both are great figures, but I grew up seeing those first Carnegies on sale in the department stores and I have a soft spot for those comparably crude figures. Back then all of them besides the small and comparably cheap Dimetrodon and Pteranodon were far out of my reach, but nowadays, well.... my collection grew since then. The Smilodon is really a nice figure, like stepped out of a Burian painting and i really like its crude, raw and old charme. Because of its paintjob mine looks like a very old, wild but also miserable creature.... it is just so.. Carnegie.

Joey

Quote from: Pachyallosaurus on December 31, 2017, 03:42:50 PM
Quote from: Joey on December 30, 2017, 11:44:59 PM

I actually created this topic to discuss everyone's thoughts on the figure itself. Members can discuss the accuracy of this figure, and their overall thoughts and opinions of it.
Thank you for elaborating, I was just kind of confused  ::)

Shonisaurus

The smilodon Carnegie was the first smilodon that swelled my collection of prehistoric mammals. At that time it was very rare to have a prehistoric mammal (not marketed as now) I referred to 1989 and had only that smilodon and the glyptodon and mammoth primigenius of Invicta. I keep them as gold in cloth.

For its time the smilodon Carnegie was a pretty good prehistoric animal.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.